So, what to do with dozens of LPs ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep the viny;.

I got "James Brown is Dead", James Brown id Still Alive", "Quadrophonia", Prince's "Purple Rain" and others on vinyl.

Kepp it. It should go up in value as other people's collections get busted during moving or deranged spousal fights:D

so does anybody still have 8-tracks?:D

AXL72:

dude, all my CD's have AT LEAST eight tracks

some have 20 tracks or more

minikinminx:
There are many vinyl fetishists out there, I've been looking for a decent turntable for sometime now and each time have to convince the kids at the store I don't want a CD player. Too bad the shipping would kill me. :(

I think leather is better. :wink:

My plan is to convert my LPs and 45's to digital and then sell them on ebay. I have a lot of out of print jazz and reggae. I had a turntable but #1 son did something to it. I'd like to get some kind of all in one thing to convert them to MP3 files since I am kind of technologically challenged. Not to mention lazy

I have three stashs of LP's. I guess I go off the deep end since I have Charlie Daniels, ABBA, Chicago, Grease soundtrack.
I bought a sound system from a friend and the deal was that I could buy the system but the LP's went with it. I go some that are old but no covers. Even got a John Melloncamp 4 cassette set that has never been opened. Keep thinking about e-bay but never done it. Just might pay for my new LP-77 doubles. One may never know.

AXL72:
yes, in the trunk of my '66 chevy caprice :D

I've seen some vintage vinyl go for good prices both in stores and on E-Bay. Is there a vintage record shop nearby you could have assess the collection. I've only kept about 50-100 of my old vinyl albums... either classics or stuff not yet available on CD.

Too funny...I still have my old collection. Still have a working turntable and stereo set up in my garage-its fun to get a "blast from the past"! They still sound great!

David-It's a 1970 Caprice!

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom