So Florida GUE Day & BBQ @ Tigertail Lake – January 6th!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
To kick start the New Year, we have reserved Tigertail Lake Recreational Center on January 6th for a GUE Day. Everyone interested in GUE is welcome to join us.

It’s a great opportunity to meet GUE divers/instructors, learn about GUE training, dive with us, get tips on diving/equipment, and have fun!

Errol Kalayci (our local GUE instructor), other GUE instructors, and experienced/new GUE divers will be there to answer questions about GUE diving & to buddy up with for some diving ;-).

We will meet at Tigertail @ 9am-1pm on January 6th
Tigertail Lake Recreational Center
580 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004

Welcome/Intro to GUE Day by Errol @ 9am

BBQ at noon

Cost is $25 per diver to help cover the facility & BBQ.

Please bring your diving cert card & picture ID.

RSVP to: gue_fl@yahoo.com

Feel free to PM me on Scubaboard with questions.

See you there!

Kathy, Thanks for organizing an awesome day! More than 30 divers showed up from newbie certified divers, new GUE grads, old grads and even several Cave 2/Tec 2 divers, GUE Instructors and former GUE Instructors; such as: Bob Sherwood & me (Errol Kalayci), Ted Cole (retired GUE Instructor, old friend, wkpp teammate), Sonyia (retired GUE Instructor, Bill Mee (from DIR tapes, my old friend, wkpp teammate and diver genious). We helped some divers sort out skills and 2 even learned the back kick after only 30 minutes with an instructor! Hope others that attended will share their experience and post some photos maybe. I was thrilled to be able to dive with the talent pool available there today. The BBQ food was great as well! I invite everyone to join us next time!
Errol

I second that Kathy, thanks for organizing such a great day. That was my 4th post OW cert dive, Errol taught me AND another diver the back kick and S drill in under 30 min. It was really nice to be around all the experienced people there willing to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom