So do I just strap this thing on and jump in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...... I took the plastic laminated cards that came with my Veo 250 and spent some time on the bottom of a swimming pool going through the displays. That helped a lot. ......
That is one way to do it.
An alternative way is this one

[video=youtube;ttTPyfMCgcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttTPyfMCgcY[/video]

Yeah yeah, blah blah, read the manual and read it again or your gonna DIE. Nope just no. Dive, play with it. read the manual a bit more, dive some more, check out the manual again.

Before jumping in, you don't need to read everything. But, you should know:

WHERE THE KEY INFO IS displayed (depth, time, NDL, deco info, gas pressure if AI).

WHAT WARNINGS LOOK LIKE (max depth, NDL, low gas)

WHAT DECO LOOKS LIKE if you go over NDL. Sometimes screen layouts change when the computer goes to deco mode. That is absolutely not the time to try to be figuring out something new.

These are the essentials to getting back healthy (or alive), so know them cold before you get in.

If your computer display is so self-explanatory that it is all obvious, great! Otherwise, it should not take more than 10 minutes with the manual to learn these essentials.

By the way, I can't say enough about DiveNav and its computer-specific training simulators. They are the best thing going for learning what your computer looks like in varioius scenarios. You know what everything looks like before you even hit the water.

Later, you can go into the manual more for any bells and whistles.

Back
Top Bottom