So Cal Divers come to Ft Lauderdale in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will keep an eye out on the plans, could be another large SB get-together - all in the honour of Mo2vation - you should feel priviledged for such interest! :wink: My diary is clear that weekend - and will remain so until at least a month beforehand, so it should stay that way if someone gives me a poke to remind about the plans afoot.

Hmmm... there's always the possibility I may be in Florida during August, Ken. Maybe I'll plan it for the same time.

Dr. Bill

I dunno... Dr. Bill AND Ken sounds like a party to me!

I distinctly recall hearing somone mentioning a party!

Warning: When diving with the Conch Divers in Florida, make all of them dive with you all at once in one location. If you make the mistake to attempt to dive with several of them in various areas around their locale, they may very well dive you into oblivion. Yah mon, wes likes to dives roun' heah.

drbill:
Hmmm... there's always the possibility I may be in Florida during August, Ken. Maybe I'll plan it for the same time.

Dr. Bill

I just saw this. I missed you in the park this Sunday. Gorgreous day. How cool would that be, to see you in FLA.

DrB is part fish - its common knowledge in So Cal. Dude dives a shortie in 50-something degree water... well, USED to dive the shortie. Scales getting a little thin Dr.??? Hmmm???

This is gonna be a cool trip. Its shaping up thusly:

Thursday 8/5 - Arrive for dinner, and evening frivolity

Friday 8/6 - Obligatory diving the face off in Ft Lauderdale area... beach, boat, whatever. PLUS night dive(s)

Saturday 8/7 - Trip to the Keys for 3 or 4 dives. Need to hook up a dive operator... Sat night evening frivolity in Ft Lauderdale

Sunday 8/8 - Dive AM and mid day. Knock off late afternoon. Party like rockstars Sunday night

Monday 8/9 - we don't leave until 5:30 PM... maybe tourist stuff, kayak fishing, fly fishing or some other non-dive adventure stuff

I can't wait.

K

i'll arrive too late for the Friday night dives, but would like to do the keys dives on
saturday.

are the sunday dives in ft. lauderdale or the keys?

Might be able to (cough, cough) find some (sick) time for 8/6 and stay for the keys dives - sunday morning is a little tougher, see if anyone is up for afternoons as well, but if not, still hang out for a little before the long drag home.

So what other SB diving personalities can we get in from out of state???

I'm posting this as a trip so it doesn't get buried here. Just give Brian a call and tell him you're with the scubaboard trip. I'll be doing both AM & PM dives (4 tanks).
Mo2vation:
Saturday 8/7 - Trip to the Keys for 3 or 4 dives. Need to hook up a dive operator... Sat night evening frivolity in Ft Lauderdale
I've actually fallen asleep at the wheel driving back from a 4-tank day... two wrecks at 80-100 feet and 2 40+ reefs, sun, and an obligatory beer at Sundowners usually put me down for the night LOL.

H2Andy:
i'll arrive too late for the Friday night dives, but would like to do the keys dives on
saturday.

are the sunday dives in ft. lauderdale or the keys?

Is it reasonable to wake up Sat AM in FLL, drive to the Keys, dive on Sat, then drive back to FLL that night?

Hmmm. Maybe a drive back after a 4-tank day is a stretch. maybe we should get a flop house in the Keys for the night, then drive back on Sunday AM.

K

Mo2vation:
Is it reasonable to wake up Sat AM in FLL, drive to the Keys, dive on Sat, then drive back to FLL that night?

yeah, it's about an hour and a half (?) ride from ft. lauderdale. i stay at florida city, which is forty minutes
to key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom