So Cal Divers come to Ft Lauderdale in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
SNIP...I'm cool for not hunting on this one. Your lobsters have claws, don't they? I wanna see stuff, take pics and dive my face off.K
I'm very cool with that but we have the option. And NO, bugs here are just oversize crawfish and not all that 'oversize' at that.

Of course, being oppertunistic...dive to dive, but if there are bugs...they are dinner!

Scuba_Jenny:
Of course, being oppertunistic...dive to dive, but if there are bugs...they are dinner!
lol technically you could also pick garden snails or grubs and they're free! OK, I'm exaggerating... they're better tasting than your garden-variety bug. I just think they're waaay overrated and the collecting time/expense is not worth all the damage to the reef.

But - oops - we are threadjacking here aren't we lol...

I just think they're waaay overrated and the collecting time/expense is not worth all the damage to the reef.
But that's only becuse your two bugs last year cost $300! :D

Mo2vation:
Leaving her in FLL is probably not a good idea (!) Count in Jaye, too.
Ok, so there are two of you, when i phoned up on tuesday for the boat trip, there were 3 other reserved places, i assume one was Andy, one was Mike, who was the other person - anyone else from our group?? Adding my two made that 5 in total, do i take it Ken, you and Jaye hadnt booked by that time? In which case that would be 7 total. I am confused now..... :wink:

simbrooks:
Ok, so there are two of you, when i phoned up on tuesday for the boat trip, there were 3 other reserved places, i assume one was Andy, one was Mike, who was the other person - anyone else from our group?? Adding my two made that 5 in total, do i take it Ken, you and Jaye hadnt booked by that time? In which case that would be 7 total. I am confused now..... :wink:

I haven't booked us for anything yet. Just got airfare dialed in last night. Currently working on hotel accomodations in FLL for 4 nights (lots of 4th night free promos right now!)

Looks like we've selected "Brian"...that's Island Adventures, right (I believe mentioned in some previous threads?)

Lemmie know. I can book this up tomorrow (Thursday.)

K

Yes, Brian at Island Ventures is the man to see. 305-451-4957
As for me, unless somebody wants to "sponsor" me as their personal dive buddy/guide on the reefs, it looks as tho I won't be going to the keys with ya'll...hopefully, I can make it work, however doubtful that might be...

MikeJacobs:
But does anybody *want* to bug-hunt in the Keys that Saturday? My feeling is that the bug hunt boat trip would be better up north here in the Ft. Lauderdale area and we can use the Keys for photos and sight seeing. Please advise!

HA! After getting skunked the last two mini season openings, I'm game for about anything to change my luck, including locals. Count me in as tentative yes while I soften up the missus for another dive day. :wink:

Marc

Scuba_Jenny:
Yes, Brian at Island Ventures is the man to see. 305-451-4957
As for me, unless somebody wants to "sponsor" me as their personal dive buddy/guide on the reefs, it looks as tho I won't be going to the keys with ya'll...hopefully, I can make it work, however doubtful that might be...

Barring any non-sponsorship opportunities, you will hook us up for the FLL local stuff, right? Don't make me fly across the country and not get a chance to dive with the famous Scuba Jenny...

:D

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom