So Cal Divers come to Ft Lauderdale in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Hmmm. Maybe a drive back after a 4-tank day is a stretch. maybe we should get a flop house in the Keys for the night, then drive back on Sunday AM.
Oh, yeah, we do it all the time - you'll be BEAT but after a good night's sleep you can be up and diving sunrise the next day.

All I was writing was that you won't be the life of the party when you get back unless you are a real animal... I'm an old man and need my naps lol.

Then again, both the AM & the PM trips might be more than you need... by the 4th dive (your 2nd reef) you're thinking at about an hour "I never thought I'd say it but... geez, I'm done."

Besides, there really isn't much reason to stay down there unless you're headed ALL the way down and then you'll want to hotel there.

I thought the trip was on to "dive your faces off"? 2 deeper boat dives and 2 shallow reefs sound like they fit the bill - yes i am a good deal younger than most of you, so maybe that might help! We would probably come down and stay in FLL from thursday night through sunday afternoon - to keep up the partying atmosphere - any time we get together i want to dive as much as possible!! :wink:

simbrooks:
I thought the trip was on to "dive your faces off"? 2 deeper boat dives and 2 shallow reefs sound like they fit the bill - yes i am a good deal younger than most of you, so maybe that might help! We would probably come down and stay in FLL from thursday night through sunday afternoon - to keep up the partying atmosphere - any time we get together i want to dive as much as possible!! :wink:

I'm old, but I'm spry. :wink:

Diving your face off is a requirement of this trip.

You rock.

K

Well however much diving is accomplished on friday and saturday i will always feel it wasnt quite enough, but will be happy to get wet and see more sites and sights that i havent before in my life!! I always look forward to getting together with these other folks - just wish i could have this last weekend, but at least my cold is now clearing - woohoo!!

Hey Mo2Vation, hope someone has forwarned you guys that Friday August 6 is opening day for regular lobster season in Florida. That means every person who owns a mask and fins will be in the water that weekend. The dive boats will probably be FULL so I suggest you make some plans to deal with the crowds. See you in the water at Key Largo!

Funinthekeys:
Hey Mo2Vation, hope someone has forwarned you guys that Friday August 6 is opening day for regular lobster season in Florida. That means every person who owns a mask and fins will be in the water that weekend. The dive boats will probably be FULL so I suggest you make some plans to deal with the crowds. See you in the water at Key Largo!
THanks for the reminder... I'll make sure Brian is on board for real diving and not just 4 bug-hunts. Consider it done.

MikeJacobs:
THanks for the reminder... I'll make sure Brian is on board for real diving and not just 4 bug-hunts. Consider it done.

If Lobster diving out there is anything like it is out here. it brings out all the Macho Yahoos and roto tillers. Poor dive site selection, no viz, mouth-breathing "divers" with eyes agape... its my least favorite time of the year.

Thanks for the heads up.

K

I think we have 5 booked so far on that keys trip (Ken, Mike, Andy, myself and my GF), so just 5 more needed to fill up that boat. However are the two reefs that are proposed that big with hunters??

simbrooks:
I think we have 5 booked so far ...SNIP...However are the two reefs that are proposed that big with hunters??
Well, it *will* be lobster season lol but if we dominate the boat (which we do at this moment) we can pretty much make up our own goals. Brian has two boats and can segregate us any way we want.

Soooo... if we want lobster we can do that for one or both of the 2nd dives. It might be nice to do a lobster trip for the 2nd dive of the afternoon boat but I'm fine just buying mine at the store on the way home LOL.

But does anybody *want* to bug-hunt in the Keys that Saturday? My feeling is that the bug hunt boat trip would be better up north here in the Ft. Lauderdale area and we can use the Keys for photos and sight seeing. Please advise!

simbrooks:
I think we have 5 booked so far on that keys trip (Ken, Mike, Andy, myself and my GF), so just 5 more needed to fill up that boat. However are the two reefs that are proposed that big with hunters??

Leaving her in FLL is probably not a good idea (!) Count in Jaye, too.

I'm cool for not hunting on this one. Your lobsters have claws, don't they? :11: I wanna see stuff, take pics and dive my face off.

K

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom