snorkeling buddy/ advice on diving in Hawaii (Oahu+TBI) ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there :)

I will be in Hawaii (can't believe I just wrote that, but yes) from 08/08 to 22/08., traveling on my own I love snorkeling and diving !
So if you are looking for a snorkeling buddy, or if you have any tips on diving companies on Oahu/TBI, please let me know! I would be delighted :)

I don't have my own gear expect for the snorkeling gear+fins, and I don't feel confident enough to dive or be anyone's buddy without a "pro" around, so I am not looking for a dive buddy here (unless you feel like doing the job of a dive master for free)

Otherwise, I am a 23 yo French female. Yes, a backpacker, but I m not that bad of a person, and reasonably trustworthy. :wink:

I took a few notes gathered from the Internet and came out with a list of "often cited" snorkeling places:
Sharks cove and surroundings (Oahu)
Hanauma Bay (Oahu)
Hapuna beach state park (TBI)
Honaunau Place of refuge (TBI) this one was cited for the diving but maybe its shallow enough to snorkel ?
..?

if you are planning on going in the Volcano NP and would like some company, I am all for it too...

Thanks anyway :)
Cheers
Laurie

Give Kaimana Divers a call. 808.772.1795

They are a smaller growing Dive op that dives all over the island. Look them up on Tripadvisor or Yelp and they're pretty much #1 because of their customer service and professionalism. Give Gabe a call (808.772.1795) and tell him you heard about him on SB and he'll hook you up.

If you want to have some fun, help us continue to give his #2 guy, Drew, a hard time and ask to dive with Ginger. He has been popular with the ladies recently and is shy about it so we call him Ginger...just ask to dive with Ginger and you'll have a good time!

Good luck!

* Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Waikiki
* Latest Waikiki Scuba Dive Report from Kaimana Divers, Honolulu Hawaii

BTW you will love Volcano NP, it's my wife and I's favourite spot in the State!

Michael

Back
Top Bottom