Snorkel types

Do you use a snorkel with a top valve or not?

• Yes, my snorkel has a top valve to limit incoming water.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No, I use a standard snorkel with a no valve on top.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fookisan

Reaction score
Do you use a snorkel with a water valve on top to limit water entering it or just a standard tube snorkel? I use a standard, but am thinking of making the switch to a newer model with a top valve. My old snorkel gives me no problems, but wonder if the new versions just makes life easier if you do a lot of free dives.

Dan

When Snorkeling I use a snorkel with a splash guard on it (I guess that's what you mean by a "valve") I tried a dry snorkel (had a moving valve on it) and hated it because every time a wave would wash over me the air would get cut off from it closing - I took it off of the snorkel and turned it into an open ended snorkel, now it's much better. My regular snorkel with the splash guard I really like however -it doesn't add to the bulk of the snorkel and keeps a lot of the "spray" from waves out of my mouth, making snorkeling more enjoyable for me :)

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom