Snapper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus.s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I thought this one to be easy :)

But three fish books and quite some time "googeling" I still don't have a good guess..t The closest I have found so far is Mutton snapper [Lutjanus analis] but that lives in a different ocean :)

Picture from Red Sea (Shaab Marsa Alam, Egypt) two weeks a go and depth about 15m...

Thanks,
// Magnus;

Attachments

• PA180021_small.jpg
    PA180021_small.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 69
Sorry I can't help to ID the fish, just wanted to say I really like the fish quiz in your sig line :blinking:

Looks like a Schoolmaster...
Lutjanus apodus
My bet is it's a first cousin...
Rick
I thought this one to be easy :)

But three fish books and quite some time "googeling" I still don't have a good guess..t The closest I have found so far is Mutton snapper [Lutjanus analis] but that lives in a different ocean :)

Picture from Red Sea (Shaab Marsa Alam, Egypt) two weeks a go and depth about 15m...

Thanks,
// Magnus;

Try the Red Sea equivalent for a Caribbean schoolmaster (Lutjanus apodus).

I can't track it down either.

Maybe it is a Schoolmaster... after all, we now have Lionfish in our area :)
Rick

I know someone has to be the first one to report a sighting, but it just feels a bit unlikely....

// Magnus;

I agree with Rick. If it was in the Caribbean, I would just say it was a Schoolmaster. It could be one that came in the bilge of a ship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom