Smoking weed on liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What if the boat is flying this flag?
Marijuana-leaf-USA_m.gif

... den it's Jamaican, mon ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Or California if you have a perscription... :) Oh head ache... bad... doc please perscribe marijuana, ok... :)

Nope. The Coast Guard does not recognize medical marijuana. If the captain catches you, you'll still go to jail. Federal offense, BTW.

Funny I've read the FAQ's of a few liveaboard and never seen this question. Maybe you should ask But, you might want to do it before you show up with your supply.

FAQs generally don't have the infinite amount of time and space that would be required to review the bleeding obvious ! If one were to write a book called 'Common Sense', I suspect it would be a rather LONG book, and Darwin usually eliminates from the gene pool those severely lacking in it!

I used to smoke about 30 years ago. Can't stand the smell of the crap now. It makes me sick. And speaking of the smell. I remember that like cigarette some the smell is distinctive and permeates everything including other guests stuff. Some of who may have to go through customs where they may be using dogs. I would not want to be hassled over some dopers inability to have a good relaxing time without chemical help. If I was on a boat and it happened not only would I report it to the captain but as soon as we hit port I'd notify the local authorities. I'm also wondering how you plan to SMUGGLE your dope on board. Buy it locally or bring it from another location risking jail? I would also refuse to buddy up with someone smoking dope and figure that any problems they had were none of my concern. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I don't want to be in a confined space with smokers, drunks, or stoners. I pay good money to do the few vacations I get to take. No one is going to ruin that. As Devon said if you need dope to relax on a dive trip there seems to be a problem there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some people just "need" dope like others "need" alcohol.

I used to smoke about 30 years ago. Can't stand the smell of the crap now. It makes me sick. And speaking of the smell. I remember that like cigarette some the smell is distinctive and permeates everything including other guests stuff. Some of who may have to go through customs where they may be using dogs. I would not want to be hassled over some dopers inability to have a good relaxing time without chemical help. If I was on a boat and it happened not only would I report it to the captain but as soon as we hit port I'd notify the local authorities. I'm also wondering how you plan to SMUGGLE your dope on board. Buy it locally or bring it from another location risking jail? I would also refuse to buddy up with someone smoking dope and figure that any problems they had were none of my concern. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I don't want to be in a confined space with smokers, drunks, or stoners. I pay good money to do the few vacations I get to take. No one is going to ruin that. As Devon said if you need dope to relax on a dive trip there seems to be a problem there.

Glad to see you've reformed since your evil dope smoking years.

Don't worry about the smell - Ill be smoking it outdoors so along with the smell of stale salt water and diesel fumes, you wont have much to worry about. As regards customs, last time I checked nobody has been prosecuted for having a few molecules of THC odour embedded in their clothing. You should lodge an official complaint with TSA or lobby your local senator if they harass you again though.

No need to hand me over to the local authorities after the trip, the amount will be well smoked by then. :)

Probably the most sensible thread ever!

Kudos to you my friend. If I still smoked, I would gladly toke with you on the liveaboard and discuss all the pretty fishes we saw that day!!!!

Maybe it's seeing all the innocent people being killed over it in this country that has me unconvinced that it "harms no one". As for being reformed, nope just common sense. Here it's illegal. As an instructor I would reject a student if I found out they were using and if they had already started the class when they showed up the next time they'd be told they were done and to get out before the cops removed them. Use of mind altering substances and diving do not mix. That kind of judgment and attitude gets people kicked out of my classes.

One time, in the Bahama's, on a company dive trip we made port the night before the diving began and went ashore for some dinner and a bit of bar hopping. The locals were out in force offering weed and other things to our group. We had all agreed to keep the diving clean, even though we had a few known tokers and smokers amongst us.

The diving was lots of fun. The lack of "medication" probably made it more so. Diving, IMO, is a natural high.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom