Smoking weed on liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ummm.... so back on track (i hope)
just finished working on a liveaboard in Thailand.
This very issue came up.

Be discreet and know that you are putting yourself at risk of:
1) being banned from diving
2) the captain turning you in when you return to port

My experience is that the western staff usually look the other way (or partake if all the other customers are asleep and they are smokers too), but the captains are (rightfully so) uber paranoid about it. In the most recent case, one particular customer was warned twice for being too obvious and specifically for smoking with the Thai boat crew in an area where people might see them. That becomes a big deal for the company because the captain might end up wanting to fire them and for sure headaches would abound.

On all the other liveabaords that I have been on (as staff and as customer), the rules were the same, it's just that no one got caught.
It is explicitly banned (spoken)
You smoke at your own peril and expect the worst if you cause trouble (unspoken)

hope that helps.

As for the US V Dutch banter... where the hell did that come from? I know that these boards get people riled up, but are you two really that sensitive? Fox news is crap, Dutch politics are a joke, no one here really wants to discuss that in this thread.

i'm gonna stop singing this song because i'm high
i'm singing this whole thing wrong because i'm high
and if i dont sell one copy i know why
- cause i'm high

:d:d:d:d:d

Kern. you actually get narcosis from weed in shallow water, they do it in Italy, I mean (Amsterdam).

Just kidding 300, Try just going to 170' ta 200' great buzz. I need to go past 220' any more for a good buzz.

You can also just lease a yacht and do what ever you want.

Happy Diving

is it possible to get your hemp enriched air cert and just get up to 40% or less for the dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom