Smoking weed on liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Just wondering if liveaboard operators would have objection smoking a few joints at night time. I dont want to drink alcohol as I get very dehydrated.

Thanks
It's cool, but only if you bring enough for everybody. Don't worry, the officials in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia don't mind. :crafty:

It's cool, but only if you bring enough for everybody. Don't worry, the officials in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia don't mind. :crafty:

Nope they just hang/shoot or lock you up for life and fine you. In that order :idk:

For the rest they don't mind :D

I would say that if pot is illegal where you are, then the operators would probably object pretty strenuously to you bringing any on board, if nothing else because they won't want the hassles from the authorities.

Having said that, I have absolutely no problem with anyone smoking pot if they want to and would say if you can't make it through the trip without a buzz, you should probably just be extremely discrete.

I'm sure the other responses you're going to get will be great. You're probably going to get burned down by 50 experts who will tell you about the 900 bodies they've personally pulled out of the ocean, all of whom are people who would still be alive if they hadn't smoked dope three years before they dove and had worn a BP/W when they went.

:popcorn:

Kristopher

I seem to remember reading in some liveaboard paperwork that if you do anything illegal in that location, they will happily turn you over to the local authorities...

Part of the orientation will usually have something about illegal substances. Authorities have the option to impound the vessel if anything is found. Most every Capt. I've worked with will frown on bringing anything aboard that can cause them grief.

HIGH..HIGH!! :drunks: :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom