Smoking and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: My Francais is non-existent, I am assuming the above means "we could tell you but then we'd have to kill you":

Access code required
This event requires an access code, enter it to continue.

OK... I couldn't access the link top link provided, so I did a Google search. I found that one joint (of unknown size) was the equivalent of anywhere from 2.5 to 20 cigarettes per day. But I did find a 2007 article that listed the five cigarettes equivalence.

From Lung Cancer Risk of One Marijuana Joint a Day Equals Daily Pack of Cigarettes

"Emphysema was detected in only one of the cannabis smokers (1.3%), in 15 (16.3%) of the cigarette smokers, in 17 (18.9%) of the combination smokers, and in none of the non-smoking groups."

I did not see where they compared cancer rates among their test group, but I certainly don't see where they draw the conclusion based upon the emphysema results.

I cannot find where these folks receive their funding, but I suspect there might be some bias. No proof. Just a suspicion.
Pretty hard for a pot smoker to match a 3 pack a day cigarette smoker.

LOL! I'm sorry..did YOU NOT say NO ONE smokes pot any more? LOL!
Actually I wrote it....

The words were indeed poorly chosen, my most humble apologies.

The actual quote was: "Only old people smoke pot..." from a millennial who works in the marijuana business

Just a friendly reminder... under current law, if you go get one of those marijuana prescriptions, you are put in a federal database and you become a prohibited person. So far one court in San Francisco has upheld that federal law.

I'll stick to my beers, bourbon , brass and adrenaline if I need a fix.

Very hard to light wet tobacco. I agree it is a marketing faux pas, but there are plenty of places in the world where smoking is very common, even in parts of the US. If you feel strongly about it, let the dive op know and don't bring them your business. I personally try to leave my politics on the dock, but if the smoking was making someone more sea sick, let the person know.

Smoking is a nasty, filthy habit. I hate having to smell cigarette smoke and risk getting my clothes, hair, or dive gear smelling like it.

People who smoke near me will either get told bluntly to either make sure the smoke goes nowhere around me or to put it out.

Pretty hard for a pot smoker to match a 3 pack a day cigarette smoker.

According to some of these reports, they only need to smoke three joints (of any size).

According to some of these reports, they only need to smoke three joints (of any size).
7 days a week?

Wrong! Edibles do nothing for me..I recently purchased pure HEMP oil and the jury's still out on that as well. I use to smoke marijuana back in the late 70's (didnt everyone?) but stopped the month prior to entering flight training....fast forward to a year ago last August....I was having drastic sleep deprivations and even with numerous sleep studies, no one could figure out why! My NYU Dr told me to try marijuana again.... I take one hit at night and have been sleeping blissfully for over a year now.

For me, it s a life savoir! I have my contacts on Cozumel and Cayman :yeahbaby:
Hemp contains little to no thc. Why would you think it would do anything for you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom