Smoking and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

today I`d make small revision of my diving-related photos collection and found this nice pic :)
I thnik it could be topic-fine-fits :)
8f7581a609b5.jpg

I do not know about source of this image, but I suspect it was somewhere in the Egypt :)

P.S. it is Sharm-el-Sheikh

I`s a big pleasure, to smoke cigarette after the nice dive, with cup of hot tea or coffe, sitting on the jumpdeck, when boat running on the waves... :)
Most normal DC, that I met, has place on the boat, where you can smoking without disturbing others.
also - rumors, that smoking increase you air consumtion during the dive - it is just rumors, or may be even opposit meaning - smoking can decrease air consumption under water :)

Wow. I guess you can call anything a "rumor" these days if you don't want to believe it.

Wow. I guess you can call anything a "rumor" these days if you don't want to believe it.
I think his use of the word rumor matches the definition.. Unless you're in possession of some scientific paper that conclusively proves it one way or the other and haven't shared?
the definition of rumor
rumor
[roo-mer]
noun
  1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts

also - rumors, that smoking increase you air consumtion during the dive - it is just rumors, or may be even opposit meaning - smoking can decrease air consumption under water :)

I suppose smoking also improves cardiovascular health and general fitness as well because it only kills off the weak cells giving the stronger ones room to grow.

I think it's convenient that divers who smoke are already adept at breathing from a tank.

I'm agreeing with you. It says "reduced chest expansion" = higher SAC right?

Yes, "reduced" equals "increased". Just like having a small p*n*s equals driving a plus-size urban assault vehicle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom