Smith Lake, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spent my first first 25 years on Smith Lake, regrettably, all of those years was before I was a scuba diver (I can also remember it before it was a lake!). It is very deep in many places, but very clear. My wife and I are planning to dive there this summer. I am going to take my boat to Clear Creek above Jasper and try it when it warms up. You are welcome to come, we may start something new.

Yes, I am planning on being there.

Ooops my bad, That would be Thursday night. On travel AGAIN. Well if they pull my number tel them I wish I could have been there.
Howard

I would dive with you. It sounds interesting.

Give Phil at Divesports a call.There is a couple named Greg and Ann that dive smith lake.I beleive they run a salvage service on the lake.

philmottrek99and02:
Ooops my bad, That would be Thursday night. On travel AGAIN. Well if they pull my number tel them I wish I could have been there.
Howard

I looked it up last night and I cannot come on Thursday either. I have a minor day surgery today and will be under the weather for a few days.

The Greg and Ann contact sounds promising. If you contact them before I do, let them know that there may be a few interested parties up here in NA. I have always thought Smith Lake would be a really great place to dive but it is really cold, at least for my old bones. We used to swim the in the Sipsey River below the dam and it was a challenge. I don't know why we did it, cause we were young and we could, I guess!

Anyway, I would think it would be an enjoyable local dive.

BTW: Did I say it was deep? ~300 feet in places around Duncan Bridge.

Randy

It looks interesting. I would be up for a dive there. How far from Huntsville is it?

And Howard it looks like you need a shave.

Brian

Also rdharbis1 we spoke last year about diving the river. I met somone that dives there during the summer. It also sounds interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom