Body recovered, identified - Orkney, Scotland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, that could work if the line is strong enough. You'd have to abandon it after deco and it'd become ocean trash. Just not a good situation. I dive a little overweighted so I can be sure I can get down if I see a boat coming.
One of my diving fears is getting caught in deep water with boat traffic and not having enough ballast to get below the surface.

I guess that is one of my fears is getting caught in deep water with boat traffic and not having enough ballast to get below the surface.
Yeah, I dived the St. Lawrence River once. Those ships don't stop for anyone. Know your weight needs and adjust with new gear or suits.

One of my diving fears is getting caught in deep water with boat traffic and not having enough ballast to get below the surface.
Find your happy weight for a puffed up dry suit at 20ft with a near empty tank. Add 2 lbs to enjoy being warm and never floaty at the end of the dive. I'm routinely 4-6lbs heavy because I'm too lazy to swap out my 5lb weights for 3s in my BP pouches... when I go from my 100s to 119s I might drop a few lbs but it's easier on my head to just put my rig together without making changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom