SMB - Sausage usage, am I correct?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver:
How about this one? http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Seeme_signal

It's closed circuit, with a oral inflator. I don't see a way to hook the inflator hose to it. Anyone know how well this works from depth?

I have one of those, but would not really call it an SMB. I have it on my BC in the event that I need to signal while I'm at the surface. It's long and has two colours that make it a good thing to wave around if needed. It's not very robust and I think it would easily pop if you overinflate and release from depth. I have a Halcyon open circuit SMB that I use for shooting when I'm underwater.

Seems a good surface signaling device, the 2 color is similar to my Oceanic and a bit taller too.
For deploying at depth, I suggest one with a OPV so it won't pop, it's very dificult to add the exact amount of air at depth that will hold it straight up.

Too much air and pop, too little air and it will be limp (you don't want a limp sausage), with the OPV, the excess air will get vented saving the sausage.

Back
Top Bottom