SLR lenses help plz!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For land

60mm over the 105mm, 60 is more flexible and offers same 1:1 if you want to shoot macro stuff.

also i think you would be fine with the 18-200, its a flexible lens and good to start off with

I agree with Mike.
Considering that you're not sure you're going to get into u/w photography the 18-200 is a very versatile lens for learning. the 12-24 out of the water on the other hand is just a wide angle lens.
The 18-200 and a 60 will provide you with almost every opportunity to practice and learn from w/a to 1:1 macro. These are the only two lenses I have in my everyday land bag.

Could you guys give me more specific numbers for the 60mm and 18-200mm
so I can look the right lense online!!

OK I just put an order for the D200 and 18-200 and 60mm....any accessories I should get or memory card or anything?

aboalreem:
OK I just put an order for the D200 and 18-200 and 60mm....any accessories I should get or memory card or anything?
Memory Card... that's a good idea. You won't be able to take pictures without it. I have a 4gb card. I can take 240 pictures in RAW with that.

Probably a 2 gig memory card, a bag for the camera and your lenses hmmm and perhaps a lens cloth?

I'm just talking out of my head now, I don't own a dslr so couldn't tell you what else is needed.
But I'm sure other posters who do own one will chime in..

EDIT - Perhaps a tripod if you want to do some night shots or anything like that..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom