sleeping in hammocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
Having sex in a hammock is just like too much hard work.

The trick to that is... awww heck, I'll just let ya'll figure it out for yourselves. :wink:

JahJahwarrior:
Catherine, you changed your avatar again!!!! How can you do that? I have no clue that was you posting until someone else mentioned your name in response to your post!

Unfortunately, I don't know that many celibate 19-20 yr. olds myself. A girl who graduated same year I did (she changed schools for senior year but was a former classmate)....well Is aw her at a friend's wedding which I was photographing. Either a basketball or a baby. Turns out, she's married to! "So, when did she get married?" "not before she got pregnant!" Same story with another friend who got hastily married a month or two back before the bumpwas visible.

And heck if premarital or extramarital sex was alright by the God I serve, then I'd be attacking girls like Andy attacks his sheep! (another inside joke, but atleast this one isn't about religions. And hey, evenif it's an outdated inside joke about religion, people get it. :) I'm bapticostal myself.)

Anyways....this thread has gone from hammocks to buttocks, and soon to bullocks too i suppose if it doesn't get back on track somehow....

Well, I commend you. If you can elevate yourself that much right off the bat, you will be in good shape.

Really, a lot of people *have* to go through a lot of stuff to get there.

..hey, you are not getting a hammock just to keep yourself honest are you? I think maybe I might get one. kidding

JahJahwarrior:
Well, I'm a Christian that wouldn't have premarital sex just for the practical implications, and [sarcasm] I am so popular with the ladies that I ended up taking a mannequin to prom as ajoke. [/sarcasm]
This is hilarious. :rofl3::rofl3:

Hammocks are great for sleeping. But use a good rope hammock and stay away from the jungle hammocks and other solid bottoms like nylon, cloth, canvas, etc. They will not be comfortable for sleeping night after night. Hang your rope hammock nice and tight so that you can lay out as flat as possible and readjust it, as often as needed, after it has stretched and you will get the best sleep of your life.

Man with hammock not need bed. :D

"just to keep yourself honest"

....brings back memories man.....Stephen King, the Dark Tower series. When Roland is telling Susanna, Jake and Eddie the story of Susan Delgado, the girl from Mejis....the story starts out with Susan on the way to Rhea's house, the local witch, to be tested for virginity, before the mayor whose name I can't remember takes her as his bride....she scribbled "onest" on a piece of paper for the girl....then onthe way back to Mejis she meets Roland and the rest is history. And then they ended up having sex, by a stream if I remember right.....that story ended (not sure when book ended...I have a hard time sectionalizing stories by chapter or evenby book if it's a series, but this book was Wizard and Glass, I do kknow that) with Susan Delgado being killed, burned at the stake if I remember right. I imagine that she is or was very beautiful..... All of the girls I would love to shack up with (after marrying :wink: ) are from books. Susan Delgado from Wizard and Glass of the Dark Tower series, Jordan Baker from The Great Gatsby.....I live my life in books.

Now what the heck got me talking Delgado and Baker? Honest. That's it, Honest. No, I'm not sleeping in a hammock to keep myself "honest," I'm doing it because it's interesting and not "normal." I hate being status quo.

And sleeping in a hammock can't be as bad as using the comptuer all day like I've been recently. Video editing in all my spare time, several nights my left arm kind of gets alittl enumb and the fingers tingle funny (left handed with a mouse) Kind of a cool feeling. probably not good for mys pine.....

oh I see

well, I hope you can read to your bride in a beautiful hammock (after college)

Who says I'm waiting till after college ?!?

Actually I probably will.....for financial reasons....

And if worse comes to worse I can take my twin bed from home, when I marry.

JahJahwarrior:
And sleeping in a hammock can't be as bad as using the comptuer all day like I've been recently. Video editing in all my spare time, several nights my left arm kind of gets a little numb and the fingers tingle funny (left handed with a mouse) Kind of a cool feeling. probably not good for mys pine.....

The rest of us (speaking for myself) are on SB all day accomplishing absolutely nothing. You've got me beat!

JahJahwarrior:
I'm also told on ships, navy sailors used to use hammocks, They "roll" with the ship, and because they are like a coccoon, sailers don't also "roll" like they did on mattresses. In storms or whatnot, less people fall out of their bed if they are in a hamock, instead of a bed.

People back in the day when they did use hammocks on ships, also only had an average life expectancy of around 33!:D

trucker girl:
The rest of us (speaking for myself) are on SB all day accomplishing absolutely nothing. You've got me beat!

trucker girl:
That's comforting. :11:

What's comforting is knowing that you aren't making all these posts while rolling down the interstate.

:)

Where else can this thread go?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom