sleeping in hammocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lc04.jpg

That's probably what my room will look like. 8'7" by 12'4" or something like that. I'm not sure, but if I did the math right on the closet dimensions they gave me (seperate fr closet and then the shelf above), it seems like it has 12 foot ceilings ?!? Looking at the picture, does that sound crazy? Or, it' sgot 8.5 foot ceilings and they gave a total measurement then a shelf to ceiling, which seems more reasonable :)

O2BBubbleFree:
I agree with the rats, but not the weight issue. At least with wooden ships. They had tons (literally) of rock ballast in the bottom. If built-in beds added weight, they would have just left out the ballast.

I think on ships it was more of a space / rocking issue, like someone mentioned above.

I did say might! Something my husband supposed. I think your definitely right about the space issue. Didn't the Captain's quarters on the old ships usually have a real bunk?:huh:

MeiLing:
Didn't the Captain's quarters on the old ships usually have a real bunk?:huh:

From what I've seen in the movies, the captains quarters must have been larger than the entire ship. Not sure how they did that...

O2BBubbleFree:
From what I've seen in the movies, the captains quarters must have been larger than the entire ship. Not sure how they did that...

I have seen a real old ship here years ago, but I don't remember much about it. And I'm not talking movies. I agree with you on that!:D

JahJahwarrior:
lc04.jpg

That's probably what my room will look like. 8'7" by 12'4" or something like that. I'm not sure, but if I did the math right on the closet dimensions they gave me (seperate fr closet and then the shelf above), it seems like it has 12 foot ceilings ?!? Looking at the picture, does that sound crazy? Or, it' sgot 8.5 foot ceilings and they gave a total measurement then a shelf to ceiling, which seems more reasonable :)

I don't think you should get a hammock, ma boy.

That room looks nice, you could easily build a top bunk though and have less support issues of screwing a hammock into the wall, looking for studs, (which might not be easy in a big dorm style building)

Think Toyko hotel

Already got the hammock, had it for days now. I might not end up using it, but if I can, I will. :) Otherwise, I'll still take it with me, and take some rope. I'll go nap by the lake on campus.....

Seems like a nice room, kind of. I am going to raise the bed regardless, until I can fit the dresser under it.

JahJahwarrior:
Andy says I should complain that the girl isn't included. (H2OAndy)

Yeah, even Andy can get one right every so often. I think that you should hold out 'til they throw the girl into the deal. You haven't already signed the contract, I hope?

And a bowline slipping? I am know not expert(hehe), but an old rancher I used to work for taught me the bowline. He used it to attach a lead rope around a horse's neck, as I guess halters cost money. I have had many horses try very hard to make it slip, to no avail.

So I went to a wedding tonight, to run sound and lights, and to emcee the reception. Lots of fun, lots of people now want me to emcee their wedding :)

Afterwards I went back to the sanctuary to turn off the amps and soundboards, and someone had left the altar candles burning. And some of them had fallen over. And now the table and the floor was on fire, and flaming wax was dripping from the table....I managed to put it out, no one else was around, building might have caught fire if I had had time to turn off everything before the reception.....pretty interesting night. With that kind of luck, I think this hammock deal might work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom