sleeping in hammocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
I'm 35 now. If I slept in a hammock I'm not sure I'd be able to get up in the morning. I can barely get up in the morning now- and not from being sleepy. Things are creaking that probably shouldn't be. Sigh.

I know your feeling....... My body is just heavy........

Hoosier:
I know your feeling....... My body is just heavy........

I'm 42, and having back spasms.

'Course, I attribute that to our 30# 14-month-old and a wet floor in a local store. Shall we hijack again?

-"Christians don't have sex?" Well, this one doesn't, atleast, before marriage. Besides the whole religion thing, there are STD's and babies to worry about, and I also don't want anyone to have "dirt" on me if I decided to run for political office in the next twenty years or so :) But you know what they say, right? You don't? Ok....

Question:
Why don't baptists like premarital sex?
Answer is at end.

-about floor space. It does free up space in a way, in that I could use the bed for other things, put some plywood over the mattress and now I have the biggest entertainment centre in the building :) Might could actually convince the roomies to allow the bed to be inthe communal living room thing.....which leads me to next topic,

-I'm in an apartment style thing, four seperate rooms the size of my current bathroom, two bathrooms to share, a small living room and small kitchen.

-back pain. They say that there is no wrong position in a hammock, and that many people who have backpain now find sleeping in hammocks help them. Not sure if it's true, that's why I made a hammock :)

-"but if that's true, why do we use beds?" cultural. :) Alot of other countries sleep onthe ground, does that mean the ground is better than beds? No, means they can't afford beds! Many countries use hammocks, infact, in Sicko, I'm told one hospital room in England had a hammock in it. I'm also told on ships, navy sailors used to use hammocks, They "roll" with the ship, and because they are like a coccoon, sailers don't also "roll" like they did on mattresses. In storms or whatnot, less people fall out of their bed if they are in a hamock, instead of a bed.

Answer:
Becuase it might lead to dancing! (Baptists don't like dancing.....get it? Get it? Made me laugh.)

JahJahwarrior, not only is that an inside joke, but you would have to be a pretty old Baptist (like me, for instance) to get it!!

Even when I was a kid, dancing was OK. As long as you didn't touch each other :wink:

I stand corrected on the discipline part

I have just never known any celibate 19-20 year olds, myself

More power to you...

I thought fundamentalist could not dance..is that not correct?

So..a waltz would be touching, right?

I bet a chiropractor would say don't sleep on a hammock.

They nag about pillows...not that most people listen, they say "yea, yea, okay" and then "fix me now please!"

catherine96821:
I stand corrected on the discipline part

I have just never known any celibate 19-20 year olds, myself

More power to you...

Now dont you go trying to corrupt him! (specially when there are so many others of us out there you can worry about!) :wink:

O2BBubbleFree:
I really doubt there are any long-term effects to sleeping in a hammock.

Not from sleeping in hammock, sleeping is fine, it is that other nocturnal activity that is nigh on impossible in a hammock.

I personally believe the introduction of hammocks to be the cause of the decline of the Mayan empire. They went to sleep instead of making more little Mayans. Having sex in a hammock is just like too much hard work.

cancun mark:
Not from sleeping in hammock, sleeping is fine, it is that other nocturnal activity that is nigh on impossible in a hammock.

I personally believe the introduction of hammocks to be the cause of the decline of the Mayan empire. They went to sleep instead of making more little Mayans. Having sex in a hammock is just like too much hard work.

..and that brings us back to my advice to JahJahWarrior, to establish good habits!

JahJah, that hammock is looking better all the time!

Catherine, you changed your avatar again!!!! How can you do that? I have no clue that was you posting until someone else mentioned your name in response to your post!

Unfortunately, I don't know that many celibate 19-20 yr. olds myself. A girl who graduated same year I did (she changed schools for senior year but was a former classmate)....well Is aw her at a friend's wedding which I was photographing. Either a basketball or a baby. Turns out, she's married to! "So, when did she get married?" "not before she got pregnant!" Same story with another friend who got hastily married a month or two back before the bumpwas visible.

And heck if premarital or extramarital sex was alright by the God I serve, then I'd be attacking girls like Andy attacks his sheep! (another inside joke, but atleast this one isn't about religions. And hey, evenif it's an outdated inside joke about religion, people get it. :) I'm bapticostal myself.)

Anyways....this thread has gone from hammocks to buttocks, and soon to bullocks too i suppose if it doesn't get back on track somehow....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom