Slate recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't locate a U.S. supplier for that Pilot Pencil.

That's where I got mine. Cheaper than paying shipping from the UK place, since I couldn't find a local place either. Still, I paid something like $16.50 for three pencils and three sets of replacement leads. Works for me.

Anyone use this?
wetnote.JPG

This is what it says:
The Dive wRites Wet Notebook allows you to jot notes underwater with a carbon stick pencil. Whether it is for research notes, communication, or tic-tac-toe during decompression, this handy 45-page, 5-inch by 7-inch notebook tucks conveniently into most diver accessory pockets. Works great above water too! When done, clean and reuse the pages as with any slate.

The Dive Rite Notebook Cover is the active diver's storage and organizer. It is a tri-fold wallet that closes with Velcro. Made of ballistic nylon, it has storage for three pen/pencils with elastic keepers and has pockets in the back flap for storing C-cards, insurance card or any other similer sized items. The Notebook cover is designed to accomodate the Dive wRites notebook and keeps all your important things secure.

A 45 page slate???? The little pouch looks pretty cool though...anyone use it? Good, bad, ugly?

CompuDude, maybe you should call up Pilot and see if they will make a Diver's Pencil to your specs. Bigger for gloves, and some sort of tie off...

Of course they could then charge even more for the things.

I like the Dive Rite Wet Notebook much better than my slate. I can actually read the writing underwater when I use the notebook. I do wish it was smaller though. It barely fits into my bc pocket and I haven't figured out a way to attach it anywhere else without causing drag.

shannonjon22:
I like the Dive Rite Wet Notebook much better than my slate. I can actually read the writing underwater when I use the notebook. I do wish it was smaller though. It barely fits into my bc pocket and I haven't figured out a way to attach it anywhere else without causing drag.
They're more targeted at technical divers who have large pockets on their exposure suits, or x-shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom