singles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was_one

Reaction score
should we have our own forum here or go to yahoo groups.
I m new here and have found a lot of intresting information on many topics. One of the topics i have been looking for here is a way to meet and talk about being a single guy, looking to meet up with single ladies and other single groups. i havnt found a really good thread or forum here for that. Is there a way to get one here or do we have to start our own at yahoo groups. If we have t ostart our own how many people would be intrested?

I'm interested... I dive singles too. No twin 104's in my gear locker.

Oh, you're referring to a forum for single divers. Actually this has already been brought up in another thread and is being considered by the moderators (hmmm... I wonder how many of them are married?).

It's always best to do a search on a given topic before creating a new thread. By the way, whjere DO we stand on this vital issue?

Dr. Bill

This has been suggested lately, and the folks who manage and facilitate Scuba Board are considering it - along with a number of other issues, I think.

For now, I think we're instructed to open repsective threads. Start with SINGLES: followed by the subject you'd like to discuss...

Here's some of mine:

Extra costs of traveling alone - like car rentals and Super Shuttles, or private rooms. :cash:

Calling a Dive Operator to seek a morning trip on a six pack, and you know the DO's thoughts are "If I book this single, and I can't book another, then I can't book that last couple." :$:

Joining a group trip - only to find yourself the odd guy on the boat. :sawthat:

Shuffled off to a small private table at dinner, ignored when others make side trip plans. :bleh:

Trying to be friendly with the couples, only to have some to think you're after their wives, or daughters.

I don't know that a Divers Meet Market will ever be a part of SB?! That sort of thing can easily get out of hand, it seems, and this is a family board - members in their young teens, guests even younger. Divers Dating sites exist on the net, but I don't know any doing much; perahps we could discuss those? :huh:

Don't give up on the idea, or Scuba Board. We'll work it out, I think...

don

Well, any opinions I think wouled be best placed in the folloing thread, as this topic was discussed less than 1 month ago...right here

my opinion is clearly stated in that thread

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Well, any opinions I think wouled be best placed in the folloing thread, as this topic was discussed less than 1 month ago...right here
my opinion is clearly stated in that thread

Yep we know...but actually his question was somewhat different.

He not only asked what if anything ever happened to a singles forum but he also volunteered or at least suggested we have a group on yahoo as well or perhaps in addition too a possible forum on this board.

I'm sure Big-t-2538 would prefer we take our singles conversations (clean or strickly diving related as we all know this is a family board so no 'singles ads' would be allowed) elsewhere however I for one would rather stay on this board! Even if I do have to share it with all you married types.....(just teasing...that is a joke of course!!!)

However he may have a point....if everytime we open a thread called "Singles" which clearly states that the conversation that follows is for single people only....and we get people telling us that we shouldn't have this thread or conversation or that forum...maybe it makes more sense to have those conversations elsewhere......

Just another two cents worth....and PLEASE I'm not upset or angry at anyone....especially not you Big-t-2538, however we are trying to play within the guidelines we've been asked to play in and it doesn't seem to be working.....HELP!!!

Dear Singles:
I am married. That has nothing to do with the fact that I'm hoping we can have a Single's forum on SB.
I am about 75% for it right now, and 25 % not for it.
My reasons being for it are this ..
#1 I always want to see SB grow. When I became a member there were about 100 of us.
Now we are close to 20,000.
I believe a SF will help to grow SB.
#2 I do feel there is a need to help Single's find each other as related to scuba.
#3 It will help in keeping the board clean. When organizing single's views, and threads, makes it easier to have them in their own forum.
Next my concerns on why I am 25% opposed.

It would have to be clean and family oriented. I would want to see it classy with the highest, utmost values.
In other words, if it got trashy and too much sex talk ..it creates too much work for us to keep our values, and the whole thing will get canned.

Sadly, one or two people can ruin it for the whole forum.
Is this worth all the trouble? I'm not sure.

We would have to come up with ground rules as far as it being a SWM seeking a SWF type thing.

I think the mods are about 50/ 50 on allowing this right now as a group. I think I could presuade them in my favor. But, as I said we need ground rules.
Let's hear your views.

just because I post I am single doesn't mean I am looking for a SO....I could just be looking for a dive partner for a trip!!!

Like Don's point. It's cheaper to book trips when there's 2!! I would go on a trip with someone else if they are male or female...as long as I get my own bed!!!!

Some of us have trouble finding dive buddies!!

Maybe if they decide to put in a singles forum they can put a disclaimer at the top of it explaining that it really isn't for underage members and to enter at your own risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom