singles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
We need to keep it clean.

Yep...and I for one would only want to be a part of it if it was clean! I can go to many places on the web for that kind of crap....BUT this isn't one of them nor do I want it to be!!

I just want a place where single people can say "hey I too have that issue....or that concern.....etc." and then chat with others on the subject....and yes.....preferably OTHER single people!

A separate section for single divers is a great idea. I am all for it. However, I think it is important to remember that this is a family forum and the thought that some people want to make it adults only is not the intended result. If you want an adult’s only section, take it up with the moderators.

I am a diver. I visit Scubaboard for diving related issues. If I want a date, companion, wild night, SO, mate, whatever, there are plenty of other appropriate boards to visit. Not here. I really don’t care what you did last night or what you are planning now with your mate/SO/whatever. It’s too bad and so sad that the few who have posted adult content have basically ruined it for the rest of us and thus only goes to prove to the moderators that a singles forum is not a good idea. It is because of those few posts, I believe, that there isn’t a singles post now.

DandyDon: Good topic suggestions IF we ever get our own forum!

Of course we'll take you up on that. If it happens, we will hope everyone will watch the forum, and report back to us if things gets nasty. We feel this way about all the forums.

I like the idea of just banning anyone that gets crazy. But, that could mean a lot of banning. And we usually vote before we ban someone, so that all means more work too.

What my greatest concern is, is not so much that is will get nasty and unclean. I think there is enough of us to edit that out.
My biggest concern is that people will get hurt.
Someone will misrepresent themselves as "Single" and then not be. We have no way to verify anyone being single.

When we started the instructors forum which some of you can see, we had very easy ways to verify instructors and DP's.

It is not possible to verify singles.

Natasha once bubbled...
My biggest concern is that people will get hurt.
Someone will misrepresent themselves as "Single" and then not be. We have no way to verify anyone being single.....

It is not possible to verify singles.

Part of that is just the real world we live in...I meet men ALL the time in person who represent themselves as single...and they AREN'T! Why would the net be any different?

However......we'd have one advantage in this forum then we do in the real world....if I found out that Joe/Jack/John/or whatever name he is.....ISN'T single yet misrepresents himself....then he'll NEVER want to post on the board again for fear of embarrassment! Not that he couldn't change his name...but shy of doing that....he'd never want to post again for fear I'd let the cat out of the bag about how slimey he was. I'm sure that other females and males feel the same way. See we really do have a way of protecting ourselves on the board that we don't have in real life. Besides....EVERYONE....male or female knows to be prudent and cautious ESPECIALLY if it involves the net!!!

Just an opinion....but food for thought!

Wreck Wench once bubbled...
Part of that is just the real world we live in...I meet men ALL the time in person who represent themselves as single...and they AREN'T! Why would the net be any different?

However......we'd have one advantage in this forum then we do in the real world....if I found out that Joe/Jack/John/or whatever name he is.....ISN'T single yet misrepresents himself....then he'll NEVER want to post on the board again for fear of embarrassment! Not that he couldn't change his name...but shy of doing that....he'd never want to post again for fear I'd let the cat out of the bag about how slimey he was. I'm sure that other females and males feel the same way. See we really do have a way of protecting ourselves on the board that we don't have in real life. Besides....EVERYONE....male or female knows to be prudent and cautious ESPECIALLY if it involves the net!!!

For fear you would do it???????

I personally wouldn't think twice about NOT doing it. Like they say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". I would consider it a diservice to this community if I kept it to myself. Yes, I consoder honesty to be a very important trait.........

I do disagree with the last sentence though. I'm surprised how many people don't know that.

ETA: This wasn't supposed to sound as "*****y" as it did. I'm willing to admit that the majority of people are completely honest.:)

October 30, on a different thread, what DrBill said was:

A different blonde each day?

Well, I guess I didn't miss much since I favor dark hair!

Okay, so I guess he didn't close the doors on blondes completely. And with Mare's looks & brains both, same state :thumb:

don

26ssfreak once bubbled...
Single guy In Raleigh NC here looking for a female dive buddy. Just thought I would throw that out there. LOL
Dive safe everyone.
Brian

Hi Brian....welcome and you have just set a good example on how to introduce yourself if single (i.e. not married) to others on the singles thread(s) and if we get our own forum!

I don't see why everyone can't make it this simple and KEEP it this simple. Besides....SmartBlonde is right....'we will let the cat out of the bag' on you if you don't!!! :wink:

'we will let the cat out of the bag' on you if you don't!!!
hehe
h25.jpg

i didn't think i was going to stir up this much contrevercy. As we all know this is the net possibly a nich site for some but still the net. What ever you do there is going to be a least one bad apple.
As i have read the comments here i see that people can be booted out, as others have said some can change there names.
we are all looking for something in here weather its news, facts, a place to vent ect. This is a common ground for divers, and it seems to be a great place, i have found a lot of great information and fun here.
As single divers some of you have possably met others here on a fluke. I was just looking to see if i could find an all in one spot, information fun and some single people that might want to get to gether for various reasons. There is some info on our profiles and as it was sugested mabey there can be some additions there. That would be a nice start. From there as some said to keep it a family place there could be rules. There was a reply in here hi im a single diver looking for a female diver. If that works, limit the language in that forum. like single diver looking for female diver companion for diving and other. There are many ways to do it, it is just a matter of yes or no. It will also require some trial and error. Post some possable rules and get some suggestions on them. Some will like them some will not, that is what a forum is for isn't it. Find a happy medium. give us some imput and we will give you some. It is a great place here, and i, not knowing all about it think it must have come about with input from all.
thanks for listining
was_one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom