Singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

............but meanwhile now I'm looking for a diving old fart who is in good shape and was born in the 1950's

It's time to start hitting the gym and looking for a fake ID:D

Yes you do Debby :wink:

Time to dive :) Lowviswiz is doing a night double wreck dive on the 15th :wink:

Well I may as well break the news here among friends, I am single again, NDBE is a great guy but we just didn't share any dreams or life goals. Yes it is sad for both of us but it is a mutual decision. We want to remain good friends, but meanwhile now I'm looking for a diving old fart who is in good shape and was born in the 1950's. I think all the guys here are too young or already hooked up. Ehh, doesn't matter, I'm not in a hurry to meet anyone but I am in a hurry to dive again before the water gets too cccccold!

Sorry to hear! Think thats bad? Try being a youngin' who has a total infatuation with cave diving and finding a girl to tolerate your addiction! :dork2:

-Tony DC

Tony, at least if you were an ocean diver you could catch dinner and offer a romantic candlelit dinner for your intended! :kiss2:

Kim, I will be in Key Largo on the 15th, my dive club is touring the marine mammal conservancy down there and then having dinner (this is, I might add, yet another thing my now-ex BF had NO interest in joining me on). Y'all have a fun dive!!!

Sorry to hear the news Deb!
I think we should all pitch in to buy you a dry suit so you'd dive with us in the "Harsh South Florida" winter:wink:

The great wormil shall announce 2 more wormil have fun trip days. As if being tanked in NYC wasn't enough... I'll be back again on the 5th-7th to see BB King play and just have a good time. We're already starting the yearly snowboarding trip plans for next year.
Yay! Travel FTW :D

In the mean time... over the weekend ...

Got together and celebrated Kbeck's birthday with a dive from Jupiter Dive Center (Nothing spectacular there... and it wasn't JDC's fault, but the weather...)... BUT...

The highlight for the weekend was diving Blue Heron Bridge on Sunday...
---

I've dived it 10-12 times and never seen the same thing twice... NOT ONLY THAT but, I continue to see some rare sights while diving there...

The most recent... the "Warty Sidegill Slug" rare to Florida waters... more common to the tropical Pacific...

Warty_Sidegill_Slug3.jpg

Sea items yet to be identified...

PICT01254.jpg

PICT01242.jpg

PICT01227.jpg

PICT00806.jpg

Flying Gunnards..

PICT00484.jpg

Giant Sea Stars...

PICT00356.jpg

and... just about every other macro image you can think of for the northern hemisphere....

It will take a life time to see some of everything at Blue Heron Bridge! It's a shore dive that compares to any shark tooth dive at Venice Beach for me :cool2: (of course, I have a camera... This is the best place for someone to learn their new camera rig as well, since most of the shots are macro...)...

When I'm on the east coast of Florida, I try to plan my dives around the high tides of Blue Heron bridge. It is worth more to me than diving a deep wreck off the third reef over there...

Now, If I can schedule a number of BBQ's around the high tides.... That would be something!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a BHB clean up and BBQ??

That sounds like a great plan Jenny :)

Deb, sorry to hear about the momentary discomfort...but we who've been around for a while have been through a couple of those cycles, haven't we? I'm newly singled, as well, and those first couple of weeks are hell...just like when I first set sail in the Navy on long cruises, getting used to the alone stuff.

We'll both make it and, hopefully, find ourselves with someone in our lives who does like the things we do. It isn't that we cannot be self sufficient, but why be alone if you can share good times with another?

Anyway...look forward to seeing you again on the beach and getting to know you better (we met briefly at a shore dive and picnic at Dania a few weeks ago.)

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom