Single lens or high volume mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lamnid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi! I need to get hold of an old fashioned single lens mask or a high volume mask for my boyfriend - whenever he dives all of the "normal" masks he has ever tried (lots, believe me!) put pressure on the bridge of his nose - the only time he has found a mask that fits was when he first learnt on a really old mask. Does anyone know where I can find anything to fit the bill?

Thanks!

Caz

I have the same problem and finally found a single lens moderately low volume that works for me: XS Scuba MA400 Merge Scuba Mask

Beyond that, I have had to wear high volume old-school masks without a nose pocket:

Wraparound

Pacifica

Atlantis II

Most of the simple “Mike Nelson” oval masks today are made for small faces and are popular with photographer’s on female models. You can see the eyes better and the small puddle of water in the pocket of a clear low-volume mask doesn’t magnify the nostrils.

Those masks look great - especially the Atlantis II! Thanks for sharing - I'll let you know how we get on!

Caz

I was having the same problem, until I switched to a Mares Liquid Skin where the strap mounts to the skirt. Any mask that I tried that mounts to the frame put pressure on the nose bridge.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom