Singapore Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reubencahn

Contributor
Reaction score
We have two nights in Singapore on our way to Sipadan. We were looking at the Shangri-La as a place to stay but the price for a room that would accomodate 3 just got out of hand. Can anyone recommend a nice, fairly luxurious, but not ridiculously expensive hotel in the center of things?

Anywhere you stay on Orchard Rd (not not Orchard Towers unless you are into that kind of thing) is good to go. I stayed in the Marriott on Orchard for 6 weeks and it was by far the best Marriott I have ever visited. Raffles is fairly luxurious and fairly famous, I think the Swisshotel is pretty good right around there, too. If you stay on that end of Orchard you will have access to Clarke Quay and Boat Quay which has great nightlife. But, as I said, anywhere you stay on Orchard is going to be nice. Good luck!

BTW- let me know if you need advice on what to do or see while you are there. Tons of cool stuff to see there and close by. Just PM me if you want some more info.

You might want to check out this website... contains tons of info on Singapore e.g. accommodation, things to see and / or do. Hope this helps.

www.sg

Ya..search for 7 storey hotel. Cheap and nice specially catered for backpackers and easily accessible via the train to the airport. One of the cheapest in town.

If the OP's first option in the Shangri-la, it is unlikely he'll stay at a backpacker's.
I would recommend the Fullerton, Raffles the Plaza or the Grand Hyatt for sheer accessibility. Check out the deals at www.asiaroom.com or the usual hotel portals.

Perhaps its also useful if the OP can list the hotels he's considering so that we could offer our views.

there's another one i'd recommend; the Conrad; its not in the Orchard Road belt, but its in another part of the city area that's surrounded by a bunch of new malls, parks, the esplanade, historic buildings and accessible to Orchard road via buses and the subway (about 5 mins train ride). Good value for money, spotlessly clean rooms, excellent service. Enjoy your stay here.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom