http://www.diveheart.org/

Since we're in the donating mood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I do not crave fur or even cures for every disease known to man, to be honest.
I rarely crave.

catherine96821:
hmm. thanks wardric...I watched Larry King when McCartneys were showing the footage. It looked so brutal. Fur just is not a good enough reason in this day and age... (for me)

I try not and eat/support veal. When I do order it, I feel guilty and I have come to a place where it is no longer worth it. I still eat beef....maybe someday I won't. I crave red meat. I do not crave fur or even cures for every disease known to man, to be honest.

see myth # 12. I also encourage the fullest use of any animal hunted.

Asd for the Mc Cartneys, i laughed when I saw the Mrs almost getting bitten by a baby seal like if he was saying: leave me alone you ***** :D (i just put the *s myself). It's become "IN" to be filmed with baby seals nowadays :sigh:

As for fur, it is a sustainable product while synthetics are made of petroleum products, need I say more?

I dont eat veal more because of the production method than the fact they are veal but I'm a such a carnivorous creature :D

hey, off-topic for a sec. I would love to be a vegetarian, BTW. Won't bore you with the reasons. But anyway....I have been noticing, some of them don't look too good. We did a charter a couple years ago, and about fifteen vegetarian society people showed up. Their necks were all crooked. Their necks were jutted out in front of their bodies. They looked weak and pale. So then, I started paying attention in the vegetarian places where I shop, "Down to Earth" (I call it Down to Dirt") Anyway, the people in there do not look healthy. I hate to say it, but that is what I see. The only thing I have been able to come up with is that maybe pacifists do not have good posture...

Good for you, the humane scociety held a protest in reference to the seals and we supported it and will do so again
They had a catchy little slogan Club sandwiches not seals

I think if it looks wrong, it probably is.

catherine96821:
I think if it looks wrong, it probably is.

yep

(lol) go for it

i was vegan for about 12months, till i started passing out and hitting walls (got a nice scar over my eye from stitches)

went to vegetarian that ate only dairy products for about 5years

but - i never gave up the italian leather shoes or handbags :)

im all for ethical treatment for animals, i do not want to see any species in intentional pain BUT when i see PETA people throw buckets of blood on fashion models all i see is threatening and rude behaviour... i would rather give my money to the drunk that sits in the SanFran wharf area with a sign that says "why lie-want to buy beer"... at least he's honest about his intentions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom