http://www.diveheart.org/

Since we're in the donating mood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Defenders of Wildlife link is
www.defenders.org

They have a good reputation when it comes to donations

deeper thoughts:
When the day comes that there are no starving humans, no attempts at genocide, no flyblown disease ridden children, no victims....THEN I will worry about animal "rights

Understand now?

you wont see that because when that day comes, there wont be any humans left on earth :sigh:

Fish_Whisperer:
Don't eat the animals. (Eat a PETA activist instead!)
Yeah, they're protein, right?

This troll has lasted for 13 pages. Amazing. It could turn into another MOF thread.

Pheasants Forever, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Ducks Unlimited....

ALL Very worthy organizations to give your money to................

NEVER TO PETA, or the SIERRA CLUB..............

H2Andy:
interesting point ... hmmmm .... i think i disagree

certainly some technologies have been developed and perfected through warfare,
but i think overall, war is a draining of resources (and a waste of resources) that
if employed during peacetime to make advances would probably yield more for us.

Some? Let's take a look:

Flight
radar
sonar
satellites
advances in internal combustion
nuclear power
trauma treatment
triage
radio
astronomy
space exploration
jet propulsion
rotary wing
computers
security technologies
electronics
mass production
Just the tip of the iceberg. The toll of war is a high price to pay for the advances, but I don't know they could have come at a lesser price.

dherbman:
Some? Let's take a look:

off the top of my head, flight was invented by civilians 20 years before its use
in war.

internal combustion: developed for commercial use long before it was used in war. in fact, during Word War I, private taxicabs were commandeered by the French Army to transport soldiers to the front ... the Army didn't have too many trucks.

astronomy: practiced for centuries unrelated to warfare

computers: again, this was developed by civilians for private business before they were ever used in war

mass production: perfected by Henry Ford for his autmobile plant in 1903, again,
for commercial gain.

i think if we explore your list a little more in depth, you will see that again and again commercial developments (developed to make money) were adapted by the armies of the world to wage war.

the real impetus in our development has been the private enterprise motive. in fact, you could argue that war has become another tool for private enterprise to make a buck.

adurso:
Modern war is relatively bloodless as compared to historical wars.

Dead is dead. The millions of dead, mutilated and traumatized people and their families would disagree with you....

We've become more efficient at killing, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it's somehow more humane. That's just failing to face it.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom