Silent World Diving - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was down there about 2 weeks ago and dove with Garden Cove Divers. Great outfit, max of 6 people on the boat so no worries cattle diving. Our Capt name was Skyler great guy had lots of fun.... good luck down there have fun.

dbg40:
You kiddin??? KEY LARGO BRENT! Blue water divers.

Third for KeyLargoBrent. www.bluewaterdiver.net if you want to see his site. Hands down the best charter I've been on while on vacation. He and his crew went way out of their way for the divers and snorkelers in our group.

I dove with SW in April. I thought they were a very good shop. They have a multi day dive deal which is pretty good.

jsmharley:
was down there about 2 weeks ago and dove with Garden Cove Divers. Great outfit, max of 6 people on the boat so no worries cattle diving. Our Capt name was Skyler great guy had lots of fun.... good luck down there have fun.

Dove with Silent World a few times and would say they are the best.
DM's were super. Could not ask for a better crew.

Their package deals are one of the best.

JRScuba:
Dove with Silent World a few times and would say they are the best.
DM's were super. Could not ask for a better crew.

Their package deals are one of the best.
I dove with them in January and have two trips left on my multi-trip package. I've going to finish that one and start another one this June 2-5.

They have changed owners between January and June, but the new owners seem very friendly as well.

Dove with Silent World a year ago. Two dives on the Spiegel Grove. Not the friendliest of people, but the boat and equipment were fine. One complaint is that they tied off on one end of the ship and told us we'd get picked up at the other end on both dives which is probably not ideal given the length of the ship and the amount of ground to cover.

Cal...

In the year I have been with Silent World, I can't remember an instance this was done. Im not saying you're wrong, but I do know that doing a "drift" on the Spiegel Grove is NOT policy for us now.

Pat

I spend a lot of time in Key Largo and depending where you want to dive and who you are diving with and how experienced they are and how many of you are in your group makes me offer some suggestions. If its your first time in the keys I would highly recommend Sea Dwellers. Best staff and "T" ladder makes boarding a breeze they will also book you on to wreck dives if you want to go to other dive sites. They also offer a great deal for hotel and breakfast at the Holiday inn which is where their boat docks( not a cattle car mentality). If you want Wrecks Ocean Divers runs regular trips to Speigle Grove and Duane and they offer Nitrox and they always have a packed boat 25+. Silent world's boat was a smaller 10 diver boat as was Blue Water Divers.

Hi Pat,

Pat was my instructor for my AOW when I was down there in April. I'm here to say that she was great a instructor and was my dive buddy. The crew was top-notch and there were no problems. I rented my gear and the only problem was a free flow octo that had a mind of it's own. Very good value for the money.

No Cow Tipping Allowed!!!

I dove with BlueWater and KeyLargoBrent in January, and had a BLAST! I totally recommend him!

I will dive with them each and every time I hit Key Largo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom