Si Tech QCS rings adhesive (Bostik 2402?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEVANJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what adhesives you have used to install the Si Tech QCS polyurethane rings onto your trilam drysuits. I could get a local shop to do it, but I'm rather keen to give it a go myself. I'm in NZ, and glue availability is not that great down here.

I can easily get my hands on Bostik 2402 (2 part contact) or Bostik 777 (heat activated) adhesive. Has anyone tried either of these two for attaching the rings?
I know the 2402 is common for drysuit assembly and repairs, and see it does specify in the technical specs that it will work with polyurethane. I'm just curious if anyone has tried it on the rings before.

My suit is a pinnacle brand trilam suit.

Bevan

Bostik 2402 will work well. I recommend you to test it in prior, however. Just apply the adhesive on the ring surface and dry it for several days. Then soak in water also for several days. If the adhesive layer remains, it works. Do not forget to roughen the ring surface.

You can pre-glue the rings with one coat of bostik 2402 and let it dry for 12 hours as this will improve the adhesion. Then you can go on with the normal glueing procedure. Remember to degrease and roughen the surfaces to be glued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I fitted them using bostik 2402 and all seems good. I used wider tape to seal the join around the wrist than what came in the kit though. The only reason I went wider was to cover the area that used to have glue on it from the old latex seals. Have yet to pressure test the suit, but I'm sure it should be good. I should mention that I sanded the rings with 80 grit wet and dry, and also lightly sanded the inside of the fabric. Everything was cleaned with isopropyl alcohol prior to gluing. I found that by wrapping the ring with baking paper, I could get the ring inside the sleeve without the contact adhesive on the ring and the sleeve making contact. Once the ring was right where I wanted it, I could pull the baking paper out, bit by bit whilst putting pressure on the join to get it to bond. Once I had all the paper out, I then rolled it.

Anyhow, the end result....

Thanks all,
Bevan

Last edited:
Hi,

Anybody ever glued QCS to DUI CNSE (Hyper Compressed Neoprene) ?
If yes, what kind of glue did you use ?
Any suggestions about the installation in general ?

In my case the wrist part of the suit seems to have a larger diameter than the ring but the arm length of the suit is already a bit longer for me so I think it can be cut to the point where the ring diameter matches. Any ideas, suggestions, warnings

Thanks

Hi. DUI uses UR1087 Shore Adhesive to attach latex seal to this type of material. It is made by Clifton Adhesive.

Thank you.

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the information.

Anyone knows of a product that I can find and have shipped if necessary in Europe or even better Netherlands. I believe in google but I haven't been able to locate any heat activated PU glue.Si Tech has their own glue but it is only available in Scandinavia. No shipping to Netherlands. I found some other Drysuit repair adhesives but they are not heat activated.

Thanks

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the information.

Anyone knows of a product that I can find and have shipped if necessary in Europe or even better Netherlands. I believe in google but I haven't been able to locate any heat activated PU glue.Si Tech has their own glue but it is only available in Scandinavia. No shipping to Netherlands. I found some other Drysuit repair adhesives but they are not heat activated.

Thanks

Hello,

This is a heat activated PU glue, and they ship within Europe. I was searching for one too and just ordered. They send it to Greece.

HELAPlast PVC Klebstoff Wassersport Kleber Tube 50ml oder Dose 300g - ARTS-Outdoors | Der günstige Sport & Outdoor Shop im Internet

And here is the technical info plus instructions:
https://www.farbenhaus-metzler-shop.de/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/5461/

Hello,

This is a heat activated PU glue, and they ship within Europe. I was searching for one too and just ordered. They send it to Greece.

HELAPlast PVC Klebstoff Wassersport Kleber Tube 50ml oder Dose 300g - ARTS-Outdoors | Der günstige Sport & Outdoor Shop im Internet

And here is the technical info plus instructions:
https://www.farbenhaus-metzler-shop.de/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/5461/

Great :) thanks a lot.
Please let me know the result after you use it too.

Did you buy these too ?
Lösit MEK 500ml
RFE 15g ( hardener which seems to be optional , is it necessary ? )

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom