SI Tech on forearm and Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
This weekend, I got to dive my FLX50/50 with several changes:

1. New Zip seals, neck and wrists: fully dry and really comfortable. One small minus is the reduced size of the opening for the neck, if you have a big head (I do).

2. New SI Tech valve on inside forearm: I basically went for this position after several posts from Uncle Pug caught my attention. I chose the SI Tech based on Chickdiver's and Bob3's recommendations.

Donning and doffing the b/p is now much easier as nothing gets in the way. But the real benefit is on ascent. No need to roll. I just raised my hand and lowered it when the bubbles stopped coming out... Overall, it made my ascents much more precise because I was knowingly able to dump all the air in the suit. There used to be some guess work on this one in the past. My old dump valve was on the shoulder and I would never look at the bubbles because it was killing my trim.

The SI Tech valve stayed dry on each of the 11 dives I made with it this WE. It dumps the air at a very nice rate. Can't really tell whether it does it faster than an Apeks.

Overall, I'm really satisfied with the changes. They were made swiftly in about a week by DUI.

I'd be really interested in your long term impression on the zip seals. Please keep us informed with how they work out.

Will do.

Arnaud once bubbled...
This weekend, I got to dive my FLX50/50 with several changes:

2. New SI Tech valve on inside forearm: I basically went for this position after several posts from Uncle Pug caught my attention. I chose the SI Tech based on Chickdiver's and Bob3's recommendations.
snip..
I think this is a great idea. I have a SI valve located on the forearm, but I like the idea of rotating it to the inside of the arm slightly. Mine does catch slightly on the harness when donning.

Store that idea away for the "next" drysuit. Thanks for sharing!:)

Back
Top Bottom