SI tech dry suit glove alternatives...ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kozzy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok..I know everyone loves the SI tech system for dry suit gloves but I however am not really a fan. I have had it for years, and always had problems getting the rings around my had, especially a when it is really cold out. Today I hit the last staw when the rings keep getting stuck around the widest part of my thumb bone at the base, and the inner ring and glove kept coming undone. I ended up diving with wet gloves. This has been a big issue for both myself and my regular dive buddy..am I dong something wrong? I would really like to find an alternative .i have seen he EZ on gloves that go over the plastic SI cuff. And I have see the polytex Seal gloves..any experiences or insight on my problem would be a great help. The few times I can actually get them on they work great, but they are few and far between or I have to take whatever kind of inner glove I am wearing off..

I have the SI tech quick cuff system. With the gloves that snap inside my cuff and are sealed with the o ring. The problem I have is the glove side cuff is not big enought to slide over my thumb base and the inner ring always slides out when I try to put them on...very frustrating. Now I did just hear tht SI tech has a newer system that will work with my cuffs, with bigger rings...thoughts?

I am at the VERY edge of the SI Tech GloveLoc system and have seen nothing bigger. I am sure something exists so I will watch this thread closely but I too suffer what you describe. I cannot curl my hand up enough for the glove to fit comfortably. I would love to be able to wear a warmer fleece underglove-garment but barely accomodate the cheap why burlap glove that came with the Viking system that I replaced with this SI Tech system.

I just found out about the SI Tech QCP --glovelock system...and I am currently looking for prices to buy it. My local dive shop carries them, but are out of stock, should have more next week, and they give me a divemaster discount, so I might be stuck waiting the week for them. 195 seems a little pricey...thanks for the link..that looks like exactly what I need..

I for one can personally recommend Dive Right In Scuba as can hundreds (thousands???) of other board members. Give Mike a chance to win your business :thumb:

im sure he is great, nothing against that shop at all, but price is king..my local shop usually gives me a heafty discount for being a dive master (Usually 20%-40% off retail), and i used to do some part time work there, so I know how the markup on dive gear is..(usually 100%)I will always give a shop a chance for my business, no problem at all, if the prices are good.. :)

+1 on Mike!

He is THE MAN! :)

The Glove Lock fits fine over my hands, I'm a large glove size, and have room to spare.

-Mitch

Back
Top Bottom