DUI neck seals and dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J-Vo

J-Vo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
To start I prefer permanently installed dry gloves.

With SciTech neck seals I had no trouble getting the neck seals properly fitted with the gloves on. With my new costum DUI with DUI zip seals. The seals are so soft and supple I can't get the neck seals straitened out with my dry gloves on. Any tips?

I am enjoying the DUI zip dry gloves.

DUI is front zip with a huge opening so you should be able to do this w/ no buddy with some practice.

0. Make sure your crotch strap is unclipped and you've pulled the suit up so that the telescoping torso is flat against your body. This will give you tons of room above your shoulders to accomplish the below. Also make sure the zipper and zipper cover are *completely* unzipped. Don't make your life harder by making the opening smaller.
1. Don neck seal with bare hands, reaching your fingers all the way thru the seal at 3 and 9 o'clock and pinching the zipseal itself between your thumb and fingers. This prevents over-stretching of the seal as your hands can only pull the seal to the zipseal and not past. To stretch the seal just rotate your hands away from each other. I also stick the seal on my forehead then work the sides of my head thru. Doing this with no gloves lets you get the neck seal nice and flat.
2. Put your left under glove on and, while pulling up with your right hand on the zipper over your left shoulder, reach straight back with your left arm and slide it into left sleeve, glove. I tend to pull the suit forward by the zipper and twist my torso back to help with this.
4. Put your right under glove on, position the zipper on top of your right shoulder and reach down past your hip and back into your right sleeve and glove.
5. zip/cover zip, viola.

To doff just reverse the steps, making sure you've pulled the telescoping torso down and flat before unzipping to prevent premature failure at the fold and to give you the maximum amount of room to get out of your suit. The first glove is hardest but by using the weight of the right sleeve and throwing from right to left behind your back helps to get the suit off your right shoulder. Oh and take your time no matter how rushed everyone else is!

Another thing a lot of people do wrong is put the gloves on thumbs *in* instead of thumbs *forward.* When you stand naturally with your arms at your side your thumbs should point forward. This will prevent unwanted twist in the sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom