SI tech dry suit glove alternatives...ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to hear Mike could help you out. Hopefully they are the solution you were looking for. As I indicated, I need something slightly bigger that those but the Glove Lock system is my solution until that larger system is found.

I don't think this relates to your question about the SI Tech system but I do think I have found an alternative for dry gloves. I had plain cuffs installed on my Viking Extreme last fall and have been trying to find the right glove system since. I do not have any wrist seals. I tape the gloves directly on to the cuffs and slide my hands in as I am putting the suit on. This requires using thin gloves so that you can continue putting the suit on, gearing up, etc. I have been using blue chemical gloves, size L that I bought at Lowe's for 5 or $6. I have been using those cheap disposable "hospital" gloves underneath to help slide in and out. I have been spending up to 1/2 hour in 36 to 40* water with them. My fingers do get cold at times and I shoot a little air up the sleeves occasionally. But I just recently bought the black latex/rubber chemical gloves at Lowe's [$6?] and installed them. They are a little thinner than the blue gloves and the cuff attaches a little easier inside the sleeve ring. Over these I wear a pair of Waterproof 3MM G1 "XXL" gloves that I put on when I am set to dive. Before I was unable to slide these easily onto the blue plastic gloves, but they puill over the black latex gloves with no problem. The beauty of these G1 gloves is that they are a zip up and have bite/grab tabs to help get them on. In the past I have used different types of gloves for the wetsuit and drysuit [before installing replaceable seal system] but have difficulty getting thick gloves on. The Waterproofs with the zipper wrists are much easier. I do get a tiny bit of leakage through the cuffs but I can deal with damp sleeves.

I find that the SI Tech "Classic" rings (aka Viking Classic) rings work great. No moving parts, generous diameter. I dive with latex wrist seals on the suit, and then just snap a pair of Marigold G17K gloves (turned inside out) over the rings. Works like a charm. Bonus is that my gloves are a brilliant white - great for visibility of hand signals. And if I happen to put a hole in a glove, the worst thing that happens is that my hand gets wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom