showa gloves without liner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

z0rk0l

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a SI tech ring system on my drysuit. I bought it used and it came with santi gloves but they are to big for me. I looked into showa gloves but do they all have the inner fabric? Because I need to get them through the ring and then fold the seal back but then the fabric will be on the outside and I guess that wont seal very well :D

Not sure exactly how it works on the si-tech system works. In general you have to fold the glove into itself so the outside creates a sealing surface.

There are some several videos on this. I think this one is from @MaxBottomtime showing it for waterproof's ultima system:

He makes it look very easy. I spent a lot more time trying stretch the glove and getting it onto the ring. I just do it in front of the tv so I have something good to watch while suffering =)

thanks, I don't have that kind of system. I don't even have an o ring for that :D.
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

Ok, that just looks like the cuff ring for the wrist seal. I guess it's technically possible to mount the gloves directly on those rings. Generally you want to have a separate glove ring, that makes it easier to put on the suit and fiddle with gear and not have to put on the gloves until needed.

It doesn't look like the oval system compatible with waterproof's ultima or rolock. Maybe it's the quick cuff, in which case you could use something like Quick Glove - Dry Gloves Solutions - Products - SI-TECH or Glove Lock QCP - Dry Gloves Solutions - Products - SI-TECH not sure how well they work and if there are other compatible systems.

Back
Top Bottom