Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure this is working, but I will keep at it.

Jeff

PICT0044.JPG
PICT0040.JPG
PICT0030.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks all for your comments.

penywisexx: Very nice pics!!

Reel: How big was that manta?

TrainWheels8-9-08029.jpg

Train Wheels site near San Diego. About 90 feet. DC600, wide angle lens, and digital strobe.

I have just completed browsing all the threads here and I must say I have immensely enjoyed browsing all the pictures and information.

So my new camera that I got last year is Canon G7 and Ikelite housing. So now I know I will definitely have to get a substrobe.

Now I will move on to the other forum on G7 'cause I still have a lot to learn.

I'll be sure to check back here from time to time.

Enjoy your U/W photography and safe diving.

Kimberley :D

Thanks. To you as well.

Did 3 dives at Anacapa from my buddy's RIB. Nice vis, unfortunately my flash link cord broke during the first dive so didn't get as many good pictures as normal. Just upgraded from my DC600 to DC800. Battery Life was much better, went dead after second dive, does the auto off work in Landscape mode?

Anacapa8-16-08069.jpg

Anacapa8-16-08001.jpg

Anacapa8-16-08026.jpg

Reelappraiser: I have a few suggestions for you. You can take them or leave them. It's up to you.

1. When taking photos try never to aim down at something. Always try to get at eye level with it, or aim up. They photos will turn out much better.

2. GET CLOSER! When you are not close to the object the flash won't illuminate it and you photos will be blue. I don't remember if you have an External Flash or not. Sorry. If you don't they I can understand a lot of blue photos.

3. Keep on practicing. You have some great pics there. With some work they will be even better. Just practice as often as possible. Play around with the setting. Try different things.

Just my suggestions.

Hope they helped.

:)

bmchugh: Nice pics. You were really close to that fish

FINALLY! I get to play too!
I got certified last week and managed a few shots.

0820_048.jpg

0820_044.jpg

0820_033.jpg

0820_022.jpg

0818_019.jpg

I learned I have a lot to learn when it comes to UW photography.
All of these shots were using the DC800 right out of the box. No flash unless I manually turned it on (as the DC800 defaults to no flash when you switch to "sea" mode).
It also takes great vids too.

All of these are off-the-card un doctored.

Back
Top Bottom