Show me your Nice Knife! Vintage BFKs welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stainless steel has many kinds, some is non magnetic, some is low magnetic.
I suspect, they use stainless steel for fresh water with low magnetic properties.
It is the reason, why there is three or four strong Neodymium magnets.
here is much more details about this knife VOlga и Маэстро. Ножи Пеленгас. Отзывы и обсуждение. - Форум Людей Воды
You can ask manufacturer directly :)
They use stainless steel equal to 440B, 440C or one of it.

Sure hunters with speargun :) We have many of them here, and very few of them has salt water hunting, most of them has hunting in rivers or lakes - in the fresh water.

Magnets and compass... :) how many fish hunters (speargun) you saw in rivers or lakes with compass??? :)
in most cases it useless or disturbing.
Much more useful - is light beacon on the ground (for marking exit).

Pelengas has another type of kinfe - Maestro
18856432.jpg

18856433.jpg

Seriously?
What happens there that it’s that bad?
Riviera beach is a bit of a ghetto, so sometimes there are local people partying and hanging out at BHB, playing loud music etc, watching us divers gear up and leave stuff in our cars. They know we will be gone an hour or so, and that wallets and phones are probably left in cars. So I actually put my Diver’s license and bank card in a ziplock in my pocket. At BHB on one end of the bridge is rich people (singer island), the other end poor (riviera beach) so I’m just glad it seems the police cruise around keeping an eye on things.

74FFB65C-1352-433A-8A33-0B7C8439BD92.jpeg
My other knife issue... anyone else? I am used to right handed tools but wonder what a lefty knife would feel like.

The knife on my right is my original BFK, purchased in 1980. I haven’t dove it in a couple of years (one of the straps broke and I never got around to replacing it). The middle knife was purchased as a back-up for the Dacor. The tiny one on the left I found diving in RI a couple of years ago.

E0807498-1F2A-406F-9471-95095E2704FA.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom