Show me your mount!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ Doc Ed - I'm a vintage diver as well!

Hi Will. :D I was using my Dacor model 1. Got some new diaphragms in them and pretty soon wasn't noticing the WOB. Still prefer my PRAMs but its good to get the other regs wet every now and then :D (the photos with the reg with the gray hoses are of me and one of my PRAMs)

PS: Can't wait to see if you and Bryan can work something out for Gopro users in the store :D

Hey Doc,

Working up a few things with Bryan. Gotta take care of my VDH brothers and sisters. Maybe I should plan a sale for SB and VDH members.

I have a Dacor Model 4 dial of death with new diaphragms and completely rebuilt but I just can't stop diving my RAMs. Did you make it to Portage last year?!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

@ Marty - Love the lights! Also wanted to point out that you can use your light system while using the URPro GR filters. Checkout this dive from a recent customer. Hats off to the US Midwest divers! Setup: 1080 x 30fps - BlurFix - URPro GR filter. Not sure what the light is. Most of the dive is done without lights.

[video=youtube_share;KoXmIiz_TXg]http://youtu.be/KoXmIiz_TXg[/video]

@ Marty - Love the lights! Also wanted to point out that you can use your light system while using the URPro GR filters. Checkout this dive from a recent customer. Hats off to the US Midwest divers! Setup: 1080 x 30fps - BlurFix - URPro GR filter. Not sure what the light is. Most of the dive is done without lights.

[video=youtube_share;KoXmIiz_TXg]http://youtu.be/KoXmIiz_TXg[/video]

Hehe they look pretty cool don't they :)

I was going to take 2 HD2s on the tray with the lights, one with a filter and one with a clear lens and see how they go in daytime dives. That GR filter did very well inside the plane, you could see the gopro was a little out on the auto wb once he got out but as soon as he turned around and looked at the plane again it was ok again. So Filter and lights combined may not be as bad an option after all, I wonder how the cyan or swcy will go as we don't get so much green waters here but I will try the GR too and see if it behaves differently to the cyan with lights.

Hey Marty - Normally I wouldn't recommend using a CY color correcting filter with lights for the most part. Your introducing Red back into the color spectrum with artificial light and additional Red with the CY filter. But hey let's test and see what it looks like. Heck, it's another reason to get wet. LOL

I am very interested to see how the Shallow water does with lights. Look forward to seeing your tests.

@ AquaproHD I'm not really expecting great results with a cyan and lights combination but will take 2 cameras to both compare with and without a filter and lights vs filters a little deeper then my tests so far, my next dives will be around the 20m mark.

I will be going into a wreck so the clear lens and lights will be best there but for external shots further away in the Daylight I want to get some of the footage with the filter as I will be getting more wide shots not close enough for the lights to work well.

That's my wet filter option :) and it will also do a comparison without any more effort, as I will turn the lights on and off at times to see how the filter works against a clear lens and then against the lights.

Having both cameras with and without a CY filter together will show how they compare and should give me an idea of where either method works best for next time. Im doing 2 dives at this site so I can try a CY first and the GR second time around and also give both sets of lights a try.

I will do 4 dives with the sharks at Fishrock over Easter hopefully and I hope to get some cool video from in the cave using the lights and also get some good filtered shots of the sharks outside where my last video was shot. This time with the tray, filters and lights I think the video from there should be my best so far.

Thank you so much for the great idea for the mount. I'm totally stealing it. I just couldn't see paying $129 for "the tray" from SRP. I love the grips. Picked up the exact jumprope at Walmart today for ($7.00). I'm going with 1/4" X 1" X 4' aluminium bar instead of the polycarbonate ($13.00). Stainless Steel nuts, screws and quick link ($12.00). GoPro tripod mount ($8.00). A little bit of sawing, drilling and filing and I should have a lightweight, stable, and collapsible mount for my new GoPro for about $40.00. Going the St. Maarten in May. Can't wait to try it out. I'll post pics when I finish it this weekend.

I'm headed to Kauai the 3rd week of April and planning to test my new gopro. I like the pole cam idea, I may try that as well but here's a pic of the mask mount I made. I just used a $7 tripod mounting adapter, trimmed it a little into a rectangle shape with a dremel tool so it didn't overhang, scuff sanded the top of my mask to help adhesion and just glued it on there with a blob of 5 minute clear marine epoxy. Seems rock solid and I like the idea of being hands free.
The biggest downside of this is I just don't see how I'll be able to operate the camera from on top of my mask and I doubt I'll be able to take it off and on while underwater. I just wonder if I'll be able to hear the menu beeps underwater or if I'll just have to leave the camera running the whole time. I suppose I could have used a hat mount adapter with a snap on base but those are a lot more bulky.

2012-03-29 22.44.39.jpg2012-03-29 22.45.08.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom