Should there be repercussions for rudeness from a LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
if people are rude to me, i go out of my way not to be around them

if a dive shop employee is rude to me, i'll avoid that employee

if it appears to be a pattern at the shop, or if the boss/owner/manager is rude to me, i'll stop going to that shop

Yup.... and this was the owner of Diver Discount that was rude.

I disagree. Voting with your dollars will reward a good business and do the opposite for one that is not. It is not my job to act as a consultant for the LDS on how he should run his business and treat customers. I am not there to argue with them and suggest how they can improve their business. I go in, ask a question or try to buy something, if I am not satisfied with the response, I don’t argue or try to persuade, I walk out.

If they don’t know how to deal with the public or give good service without confrontation from the customer, they might be in the wrong business and me telling them to play nice won’t help things at all for either of us.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2596708&postcount=13

and by the way...hanging up on ya is not just rude...it is inexcusable!!!!

that is why you should order from Scubatoys.com

I gave them my credit card info for a special order. They did not charge the credit card until they actually shipped the order out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What i like to do is not say anything and just take my business elsewhere...quietly.

let the business think everything is all well and let them run themselves into the ground.

if you let them know there is a problem, they will correct things eventually and start doing better businesswise.

RICHinNC:
I dont think it does any good to take your dollars anywhere else if you dont let those initially involved know that you are doing so because they did not meet your requirements whatever they are.

Having said that......you ought to give them the opportunity to respond and if you dont like the response.....then continue on with your move elsewhere
Agree. Give them a chance to correct the behavior. If they have been nice all along, and this is an isolated incident, then give them the benefit of the doubt. Send the email and follow up in a day or so.

I know this, the shop in question is in the process of moving and the owner is crazy busy right now. I also know he isn't normally like that. Not an excuse but some background.

Never pay for anything before delivery with cash or check. ALWAYS pay with credit card. That way if you never get it you can always do a chargeback! It's easy to do, just call up the bank your credit card or check card was through and tell them you paid for an item but never received it. They will refund your money right there, although you may have to sign some form that they will mail you.

Scuba_Jenny:
Agree. Give them a chance to correct the behavior. If they have been nice all along, and this is an isolated incident, then give them the benefit of the doubt. Send the email and follow up in a day or so.
Interestingly Jenny, since posting this thread, I've heard from several local divers that have been saying things like

"Sorry to hear that Vino (my wife), got treated badly by Sam, (the owner of divers discount). I've known about him for a long time, could I tell you some stories!"

So apparently, this is not an isolated incident.

But anyway, my wife did send an email.... perfectly civil.... just asking for her money back.

Is this the shop just off Federal Highway in Ft. Lauderdale, near the airport?

Sperbonzo:
So my wife wanted to get me the new Mares liquid skin mask for Christmas. We had seen it at the WPB scuba show and I really liked it.

She looked all over for it, and finally found a shop in Fort Lauderdale, Diver's Discount, that was going to have it (so the owner said), before anyone else, even though they couldn't get it until a couple of days after Christmas.

I work at LDS and it was well known long before your wife placed her order that this mask would not be available until well after Christmas. At DEMA (early November) Mares was saying late Jan-Feb, now it appears this mask will ship in a week or so. I spoke with Mares a few days ago and they weren't sure when the crate was getting here from Italy. Apparently some problem with customs.

So on top of it all, I'd say that the owner stretched the truth a good bit when he took your wife's money.

BTW I can't wait to get mine for a trip to Curacao in Feb. Hope it gets here in time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom