Should SB be mandatory for new divers ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it should be mandatory for people to join SB BEFORE they are allowed to enroll in an OW course. That way they can see what they are getting into beforehand. Sort of like getting a tour of the nuthouse before they have to check in. RUN...Run for your lives.

No, I don't believe SB should be made mandatory. I love reading other's opinions on SB but would caution anyone that you shouldn't take posts on SB as gospel. Like others that have stated on this thread there is great advice to be found but there's also questionable and contradictory posts too. Experience should be had by continuing education and just getting in the damn water and diving!

How many of us have been on a boat with someone about to jump into the water who was certified ten years ago and hasn't done a dive since? I know I have.

Jeff

The LDS should not allow that diver to dive if he has not taken a scuba update course during the last 6 months.
Theoreticaly, no one should dive if has not dived at least 6 months ago or have taken a scuba update course.
If the LDS allows such a diver to dive, it's resposability of the LDS for any accident. The LDS should check the credentials and dive log of each diver previous to sign in for the dive trip.

Back
Top Bottom