Should Rename This Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alo100:
Every trend has its own season, so let it be.

Talking about the biggest trend happening in this forum as well as rename, maybe we should consider changing ScubaBoard -> ScubaMarket... sounds ok, right?
Please... we are VERY strict about the placement of ANY commercial promotions. If you feel that someone has crossed the line use the report this post feature.

Hey now,
not only is my bp/w more comfortable in the water, but when was the last time someone came up to you on a dive boat and said "wow, what a great jacket bc, how do you like it? where can I get one?" :wink:

Wasn't it father quido Sarducci that said, "it is not important to feeel goood, you must rook good, and darrlinng, yoouu rook marvoulous!

hehe

I did the opposite of everyone else. I just switched from an Oxycheq BP/W to a Sherwood Tortuga. After about 400 dives and god knows how many thousands of pool hours my wing finally died on me and I decided I wanted something different.

NetDoc:
Please... we are VERY strict about the placement of ANY commercial promotions. If you feel that someone has crossed the line use the report this post feature.

While keeping a lot of respect with your statement, you can see that sellers are doing a lot of artificial Q and A. Long time ago, you will see some pure technical advice with min brand name being mentioned, later, these threads are pushed down like stacks by those indirect ads with Q and A. Some of the staffs did try to stop sellers fights when it went too far, but the atomsphere is not quite the same as before. The sellers could have asked people to go off line for many of their activities, but instead when a newbie came along, they just ask, "our product may suit your needs." When tons of sellers sent out similar invitations, they (sellers) started to compare with each other's products. Please tell me what happened next after....

While totally buying your stmt, "we are VERY strict about the placement of ANY commercial promotions" would you kindly inform the sellers to respect the spirit behind it, rather than noticing when you guys (staffs, regulators) might get involved and cut every corners to hard sell their products. I would rather having them posting their ad's with a complete spec at the buy and sell area.

Trust me, I like them as much as you do, and I still need to buy their products; however, it seems to me that respecting each other is a very good way to keep everybody enjoy the forum, including themselves (a friendly work env for them). I am trying to express myself for something constructive, I noticed that not everybody would think in the same way as I do and I respect that, if I am not doing it well please advise.

Sorry, not my intention to finger anybody, so I cannot report to you with any name, up front or pm.

terrasmak:
We may be the minority , but we are probably also the majority of the divers who are in the water more than when just on vacation

Hardly.

I've never been on a boat where the DM was using a BP/W. I dove with a bunch of SB'ers in FL, and not one was using a BP/W (well there MIGHT have been one). Both of these groups of people dive a LOT, especially DM's on a boat for hire. My buddy did say that his DM in Playa used a BP/W, but because he was a cave (cenote) DM, and dives doubles.

The BP/W divers here are very loud, and very vocal. Nothing wrong with that, but just find a Zeagle thread asking about the Ranger, or any of their back inflate BC's and there is always dozens of posts from users that don't generally speak up on most BC threads.

If I see a question on a BC that I don't dive, I generally don't respond. Why would I, unless they ask for other options, and then only maybe?. However many BC/W users feel the need to respond, and do so saying don't bother with THAT BC, cause in the end you must dive a BP/W or you will never become the Diver you should have been.

Hey, dive what you want, but don't act like the people diving BC/W's are some sort of Uber diving crowd in the know with the rest of us clueless about what it takes to maintain buoyancy and trim :wink:

NetDoc:
I dive with both... depends on how I feel that day. :D

You sure it does not have more to do with PEER pressure? :D

I'd imaging you could get beat up for wearing that Zeagle BackInflate when diving with the BP/W crowd! :chicken:

Kinda like wearing JC Penny jeans when all the cool kids have Levi's!!

RonFrank:

I'd imaging you could get beat up for wearing that Zeagle BackInflate when diving with the BP/W crowd! :chicken:

Nah, I'll bet he just wears them both at the same time so he's never out of style with the crowd he's with at the time. :rofl:

RonFrank:

Painting with a pretty broad brush there Ron ... a lot of my regular dive buddies dive with a BP/W. None of us give a whole lot of worry about what other divers who join our group are wearing ... usually the only time someone will say something about another diver's BCD is if they think it doesn't fit them properly ... and even then we try to do so in a way that's respectful of other people's choices.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

alo100:
While keeping a lot of respect with your statement, you can see that sellers are doing a lot of artificial Q and A. Long time ago, you will see some pure technical advice with min brand name being mentioned, later, these threads are pushed down like stacks by those indirect ads with Q and A. Some of the staffs did try to stop sellers fights when it went too far, but the atomsphere is not quite the same as before. The sellers could have asked people to go off line for many of their activities, but instead when a newbie came along, they just ask, "our product may suit your needs." When tons of sellers sent out similar invitations, they (sellers) started to compare with each other's products. Please tell me what happened next after....

While totally buying your stmt, "we are VERY strict about the placement of ANY commercial promotions" would you kindly inform the sellers to respect the spirit behind it, rather than noticing when you guys (staffs, regulators) might get involved and cut every corners to hard sell their products. I would rather having them posting their ad's with a complete spec at the buy and sell area.

Trust me, I like them as much as you do, and I still need to buy their products; however, it seems to me that respecting each other is a very good way to keep everybody enjoy the forum, including themselves (a friendly work env for them). I am trying to express myself for something constructive, I noticed that not everybody would think in the same way as I do and I respect that, if I am not doing it well please advise.

Sorry, not my intention to finger anybody, so I cannot report to you with any name, up front or pm.
I tend to agree with this post ... there have been an influx of equipment manufacturers ... and some seem to come here for no purpose other than to hawk their wares. Naturally, if they are provided a free platform for advertisement ... who can blame them for taking advantage of it. And however much effort goes into trying to "spin" it into a reply to someone's question ... sometimes it's a turn-off because it does come across like spam.

For those of you who manufacture and sell gear, think about just kicking back and being more of a (non-commercial) part of the community ... take a cue from some great posters like Larry (ScubaToys), Tobin (Deep Sea Supply) and Scott (Zeagle) ... just to name three of your peers who contribute a lot more to this board than an opportunity to purchase their products. I don't doubt that most of you got into your line of business out of a love for scuba. Share the love ... in a generic, non-commercial sort of way ... you'll get more sales out of people who feel like they're buying from a friend than you will by trying to convince people how great your products are (most of us probably already know that anyway) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Share the love ... in a generic, non-commercial sort of way ... you'll get more sales out of people who feel like they're buying from a friend than you will by trying to convince people how great your products are
Very well said. Thanks,

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom