Should I sell this tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfalco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a steel 72 with a J valve that I had passed hydro & Vis last year. It is a great tank, but most of my dive buddies have switched from AL80s to steel 100s, and the 65 or so ft3 isn't enough to keep up with them any more. It will need a vis in a few months, and I'm not sure if it is worth it for me to keep.

so should I sell the tank, or get the VIS and keep it for the 2 or so times that I do use it a year?

Get another one and double them up. They make great doubles with very little bouyancy swing compared to larger doubles and are close to neutral when empty. I can dive them with no BC.

They work great with a overfill 2700-3000 if you can get them,at 2250 I can only use them for short dives.

Normally I charge to dispose of those old 72's but I'm going to issue you a scubaboard exception. Just send it to me and I won't charge ya a dime.

If I were you it would stay. I am currently building double 72s and enjoy diving them single or double. I personally enjoy trying new things, give the doubles a chance. It can be fun to experiment with different gear configurations. I am not a fan of huge overfills but feel that if the tanks are up to date Hydro and visual done by qualified tech. reasonable fills are acceptable. Do not ask me to define what reasonable is because I live in Indiana not Florida! Conservative is always a safe bet! These are great tanks and have a place in diving. Its up to you, do not think you will have a problem selling if you so choose. Good luck, CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!:14:

They make good slung stage bottles with a modern valve.

Back
Top Bottom