Question Should I replace my SPG with my new Shearwater Transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve found the side the transmitter is on is irrelevant. I’ve also found the 6” HP hose is also irrelevant. I have my transmitter on my right protected by my two LP hoses which route above it on both of my primary reg sets (AL Legend Elite & DR XT1/4). It connects without issue to both a computer on my left & my right wrist (I dive with two computers).
I also run 2 AI computers with my transmitter directly connected on the right side. No problem with connections.

I have an SPG on the left side, runs to my left chest D-ring. I have used the SPG on several occasions over the years

I also run 2 AI computers with my transmitter directly connected on the right side. No problem with connections.

I have an SPG on the left side, runs to my left chest D-ring. I have used the SPG on several occasions over the years
Thanks - good to know you've found no signal reception issues regardless which side. TBH I'd be surprised if Shearwater etc didnt make them powerful enough to reach both arms :D

Interesting POV regarding your redundant SPG, thanks! I guess I'll have to see how it goes. Aside from some deep channel currents and occasional reef hooks I'm (so far) not doing anything particuarly adventurous and the surface is almost always available - so perhaps AI-only is reasonable for my usage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom