shorts with bellows pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveski01

Contributor
Reaction score
Check this out:

FifthDimension pocket shorts

Now there's a way to change your exposure protection without having to buy (and install) several sets of pockets! Great idea for travelling with multiple wetsuits.

Price isn't posted yet but I hear they should go for about $85 USD. FifthD will have to confirm that, of course.

I bet you could do that with any good quality mountain shorts and they wouldn't be any $85!!!!

Great tip, but it would totally trash my stylish look.

saltwater taffy once bubbled...
I bet you could do that with any good quality mountain shorts and they wouldn't be any $85!!!!

Great tip, but it would totally trash my stylish look.

Sure, you could get your own shorts but a good quality bellows pocket, such as FifthD's, goes for $30 EACH. Not including the shorts, and costs to install that's $60 right off the top. Installing is a pain - you have to stretch your wetsuit to proper size then attach pockets and let cure.

It's not about style, it's about being able to carry what you need on a dive without added drag from bulky bcd pockets. Pockets on the legs will be in the slipstream.

diveski01 once bubbled...

Sure, you could get your own shorts but a good quality bellows pocket, such as FifthD's, goes for $30 EACH. Not including the shorts, and costs to install that's $60 right off the top. Installing is a pain - you have to stretch your wetsuit to proper size then attach pockets and let cure.

I thought those pockets went for $35 each. At any rate, you have a good point about price. 'Til it's all said and done, $85 isn't that bad. On the other hand, for someone like saltwater taffy, who might be inclined toward DIY, there are positives as well. The FifthD bellows pocket is a huge pocket. I know, I have one on my drysuit. If you DIY it and you already have a pair of shorts on hand (good quality lycra bike shorts would work nicely over a 2mm wetsuit for tropical diving) you would have other options for smaller pockets (like the DUI bellows pocket). Get yourself a tube of M6000 (I think that's the adhesive) for about $3.00 and go for it.

...someone has violated Rule #6.. :D

O-ring once bubbled...
...someone has violated Rule #6.. :D

These are designed by AG himself; and MHK is supposed to have one of the first pairs. Would 5thD carry any Rule #6 items? I think not!

To quote a "certain person" from that "other list" in reference to 5thD: "This is the only dive shop I have ever seen that does not sell anything but the real deal - no computers, no bc jackets, nothing."

Now, if you're referring to my occaisional lapse in stowing my light cord..... that's MUCH improved. OK, so MHK ding'd me entering the water AND exiting same dive - DOH!! What was that rule of learning??:wink:

Would never need pockets like that to dive. Like to be nice and streamlined. Don't take what I don't need!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom