Short list of essential tools?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I agree with everything, I think that a dental pick is not a good tool. I've seen many people scratch their valves trying to pick an o-ring out, which leads to rusting. I prefer to use a wooden toothpick, or even better a plastic toothpick. You can also use a brass pick as it will not scratch as a stainless steel would

Well, what you do with an o-ring that was baked and hardened in place to the extent that a poor quality dental pick broke when trying to get it out? A DM worked on my o-ring for 20 min before being able to get all the pieces out. The pick he used was made of iron, but not hardened stainless, like a dental instrument. His pick broke and the job was finished with my Swiss Army Knife, little piece by little piece. The point is, a wooden toothpick would do nothing about 25% of the time, in my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom