For Sale Sherwood sealed first stages, x3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not particularly interested in the SR1's. I called my local Sherwood service shop and they say they don't service the SR 1 anymore. Even if somebody else would, it's not worth the drive at that point, and anyway, I really only need one more reg at the moment.

Tell me more about the SR 2. You say you bought it new. Have you dove it since, if so, how many dives over how long, etc. And how much do you reckon shipping will cost me for the one reg?

I'm not particularly interested in the SR1's. I called my local Sherwood service shop and they say they don't service the SR 1 anymore. Even if somebody else would, it's not worth the drive at that point, and anyway, I really only need one more reg at the moment.

Tell me more about the SR 2. You say you bought it new. Have you dove it since, if so, how many dives over how long, etc. And how much do you reckon shipping will cost me for the one reg?
You may want to find a different service person, once the new service kit is put into an SR 1 it is the same as the SR2 except for the ambient diaphragm and the newer cover for that which almost completely covers the diaphragm.

This SR 2 may have 100 or so dives on it over a year or so, shipping is about $15 for one or all.

You may want to find a different service person, once the new service kit is put into an SR 1 it is the same as the SR2 except for the ambient diaphragm and the newer cover for that which almost completely covers the diaphragm.

This SR 2 may have 100 or so dives on it over a year or so, shipping is about $15 for one or all.
I've contacted two different Sherwood service shops. Both have said they could not do what you say. As I said before, you may well be correct as to the mechanics of it, but if I have to drive an hour or more to get it serviced because my LDS won't, it's simply not worth the time and gas money. As for the SR 2, $200 for one is an excellent deal, but I hate buying a reg with 100 dives on it sight unseen, especially since at that point I'd need to get it serviced on receiving it to be safe, and by then I could honestly just buy a slightly less high performance first stage for the same price new. Unless you have some suggestion to resolve the matter, I think I'll have to pass on this one. Sorry for taking up your time.

I've contacted two different Sherwood service shops. Both have said they could not do what you say. As I said before, you may well be correct as to the mechanics of it, but if I have to drive an hour or more to get it serviced because my LDS won't, it's simply not worth the time and gas money. As for the SR 2, $200 for one is an excellent deal, but I hate buying a reg with 100 dives on it sight unseen, especially since at that point I'd need to get it serviced on receiving it to be safe, and by then I could honestly just buy a slightly less high performance first stage for the same price new. Unless you have some suggestion to resolve the matter, I think I'll have to pass on this one. Sorry for taking up your time.
It really is ok, there are plenty of choices out there but to your techs ask them what are the differences, once you service an SR1 it has all the the same parts the they added to it that makes an SR 2 sans the cap which can also be changed and after that the serial number will be the only way to tell one from the other.

Look at Zeagle for a good price point on a new high performance first.

Look at Zeagle for a good price point on a new high performance first.
Oddly enough, that's exactly what I've been considering as my alternative, is the Zeagle envoy. I already have a Tusa RS 1001 set, but I'm looking for a pony/spare reg, and I'd like a different brand or at least model so that if/when they stop making parts for one, I still have the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom