Shore Dive this Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone know if Electric Beach is currently a "crappy" (pun intended) dive site? I'm interested in doing a shore dive this weekend, but want to avoid any of the areas covered in sewage. Last time I went to Hanauma Bay it was murky from the rain, and I'm not sure of where to go to dive the spot by Blow hole.

Any tips?

watch the news. they say which beaches/water spots are high with contamination. Leesa probably knows also. She is good at posting the info for everyone. I have no desire to dive anywhere on the island right now.

skierbri10:
Blow hole was good last weekend, may want to look at that.

I've heard it's a good dive, but I've also heard that it's best to go with someone that's dove there before. Do you think it's something that 2 people could go and do without either of them having dove it before?

we dove lanai lookout yesterday. great viz (100+ ft) on the outer-reef (underwater-island... seaward from the main-entry) water looked clean (cold too... my comp said 74°F) saw a tako and a bunch of scrawled-filefish and of course heard whale-song =)

the exit was a different story... the south-swell arrived while we were in the water... so the viz was way down in front of the exit (30 feet), then within the exit channel it dropped to near zero due to washing-machine (exit'd using compass heading 310&#176:wink: whew!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom