Shore Dive Saturday the 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How Long do these dives last normally? but assuming they don't last 5 hours 11 should be fine.

Wow, I couldn't believe the lake-like conditions this morning... not even a ripple breaking on the shore!

I'll try to get IN the water this afternoon when I get home and will update with visibility. We live at 18th Street, just a few blocks south of the dive-locatoin.

Here's the forecast for Saturday:

SATURDAY
NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS NEAR
SHORE AND UP TO 2 TO 4 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

I think it will be best to stick to as close to high tide as possible, so I'm going to say we do a 10a show for a 10:30 dive. Plan dive time is likely to be 1 hr., depending upon gas supply, which wouldn't be a problem for Jenny, but hey, it looks like she's going to miss it.

Multiple dives are quite possible, so bring your extra tanks, or if not, there are plenty of dive shops within a 5 min drive for air fills. If you're planning on diving nitrox (I will be), Force E is just west of the intracostal on the south side of Atlantic Blvd (pp fills, so you'll need an O2 clean cylinder); I believe they charge $9.00 for a nitrox fill. Fill Express is about a 10 min drive from the dive site and they have the cheapest nitrox ever ($.07 per cu ft., banked 32/36/40).

I'll probably post a list tomorrow night, so maybe's please let us know. If you don't have my cell #, pm me and I'll send it to you. Can't ever have too many dive flags, so feel free to bring your own.

We're going to have an AWSOME time!!!!

I gotta quit speed reading...
I thought I read Kbeck had her tank off. :11:
You're right tho, K, you are more fun than me.. I keep correcting everybody on the name of the fish...its a highhat!

Do I smell a Fun Dive Princess contest in the works or what? :wink:

(still hunting the dollah sto's for a tiara) .... M

All right dive fans...

It looks like this is our clan for Saturday:
Scuba Dad (maybe)
Scuba_Jenny (maybe)
TekP +2
Joeamit
ReneeC
badmojo (maybe)
SFLDiver (maybe)
ekremer (maybe)
Kbeck
Scbababe
Scubaguy62

Let's make it a fun time; the more, the merrier!

Scubaguy62:
All right dive fans...

It looks like this is our clan for Saturday:
Scuba Dad (maybe)
Scuba_Jenny (maybe)
TekP +2
Joeamit
ReneeC
badmojo (maybe)
SFLDiver (maybe)
ekremer (maybe)
Kbeck
Scbababe
Scubaguy62

Let's make it a fun time; the more, the merrier!

Right now I'm still a maybe... Riley (my 11 yr old) had some congestion yesterday. Hopefully it's cleared by tomorrow night. Problem #2 is finding gas. I had to hit 3 gas stations tonight to find gas for my car, and the pump died after I put in 4 gallons. Hopefully, I find some tomorrow morning.

Al

I am out. Going to Ft. Myers. Ya'll have fun, and say hi to the whale shark for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom