Shore Dive Saturday the 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
its a highhat!
is not is not.... It's a Drum !!! :laughing: no, wait, it's a STOP sign :D

Sorry that we did not make it out to meet some of the conchers. We ended up on a morning boat with dixiedivers to check out the Copenhagen. We did a couple beach dives at Pompano on Friday and really enjoyed the site. I wish beach entries were that easy in SoCal.

I just wanted to say thanks for the help in finding places to dive and shops to use. We had 13 great dives in your warm waters. Now it's back to 50-60F water and 7mm wetsuit and hood.:(

Thanks to everyone, those who were with us in flesh, and those in spirit :D

The dive was, in scuba_jenny's words, AAAAWWWWSSSSOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!
Vis was an easy 25 - 30', which is actually on the low end of the scale for that site, but still we had fun. Sea life was a bit scarce, but still we managed to see plenty of lobsters, yellow tails, parrots, ocean doctor and surgeon fish, and a nice 2 foot grouper that was resting behind a rock, dodging the gentle current (If I only had a spear gun and a current salt water fishing license!!!). The coral heads and formations were phenomenal. Still, Katrina's mark was noticed by the nice sandbar it created about 10 feet from the shore, and the reduced vis., but a great dive nonetheless. On a sadder note, there were some other divers who were lobstering at that spot and who easily got more than their limit and above all, lobster which were way undersized.

The current was playing games with us and before hitting the water, the surface current was definitely a southern current, and the current at depth looked as if it was also a southern current, until we went down. It was an easy 1/4 - 1/2 kt northern current. Still we decided to go north. Dove northbound for about 12 mins, then hovered around and turned south. Total dive time (according to my computer) was 1:04.

The group was very nice and waited for Angie and I to get there; we would have been ontime had it not been because Mark [Fill Express] made us an excellent deal on a Transpack II for Angie, and being the meticulous type he is, took his time fitting her and setting up her harness, wing and weight pockets. Of course, she got to test dive it, and as Al mentioned, loved it!!! (Jenny, guess she's now more DIR than I am :D)

And from the post dive comments by Al, Chuck, Old diver too, and the others, it looks as we have a new dive spot for the conchs, and one which definitely calls for a night dive soon!

And BTW, Jenny, it appears you have some stiff competition; your roommate surfaced having used only 700 psi, or was that 700 x 2 (since he was diving doubles)? :wink:

Sounds like you guys had a great dive. I live in Pompano Beach just south of Atlantic Blvd. I had no idea that there was much good diving around here. Let me know when you guys go out again around here and definitely join you.

Scubaguy62:
And BTW, Jenny, it appears you have some stiff competition; your roommate surfaced having used only 700 psi, or was that 700 x 2 (since he was diving doubles)? :wink:
*Cough* *Cough* *Hack* *Cough*
Not yet. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom